Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 custom fields
asadkhan1084 Offline
custom fields
Would I be able to create separate custom fields for different forums through xthread.

For example i want an introduction forum and made the custom fields:
-Name

if yes would you please send me details how can i add custom fields through xthread.

thanks in advanced.
10-12-2011 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: custom fields
AdminCP -> Configuration -> Custom Thread Fields

My Blog
10-12-2011 02:46 PM
asadkhan1084 Offline
that what i did, its show custom field when i create new thread, after submit thread, i cant see custom fields, can you please tell me how can i show custom fields in thread.
10-12-2011 03:29 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Firstly, if you've done that, please state so in your first post.
Secondly, ensure you've read all of the instructions on the create custom thread fields page.
Thirdly, be comfortable with editing MyBB templates.  If you aren't, don't use XThreads.
Lastly, if you're still struggling, look through this example and ensure you understand every step and exactly what it does.

My Blog
10-12-2011 04:05 PM
asadkhan1084 Offline
thanks ZINGA.
10-12-2011 04:23 PM
Sama34 Offline
The "Thread Descriptions" tutorial is the simplest tutorial here, if you can understand it and do it by yourself, then you are ready to start using xThreads imo Smile

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
10-13-2011 05:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
Yeah. Actually, Yumi already provided us a guide for XThreads in the description under each settings when we create a custom thread fields.

For example, the description under the Key setting:
Description of the Key setting Wrote:The key through which this field is accessed through. Should be kept to alphanumeric characters, underscores (_) and hypens (-) only. Note that only inputs for this field on newthread/editpost are automatically added for you; forumdisplay/showthread etc templates aren't affected, so you will need to make changes to the relevant templates for this to be useful. Use {$GLOBALS['threadfields']['key']} in templates to reference this field (this is slightly different for file inputs - more info given below if you choose to make a file input).

With the description above, we should know how to display the value of the custom thread field Smile

10-13-2011 07:36 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools