Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 Forum to Forum downloads?
HG-Bloodmorphed Offline
Forum to Forum downloads?
The topic doesn't seem to fit what I'm about to ask but...

Is it possible to have a Upload Forum then two forums for 1 category each? Say like.

Upload Forum
Download1 Forum
Download2 Forum

The only reason I want this is because it make it a little bit more easy on most members.
10-17-2011 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Forum to Forum downloads?
That is an interesting one and something I was thinking about a while ago.

The idea would be that you have site that allows members to upload all items to ONE forum and then after selecting an XThreads defined category the item would need to be "automoved" to the correct category (another forum).

If you moderate all the uploads then it is not so difficult to have an upload forum and move it yourself - the challenge (I think) is to have an uploader upload an item, have it available for them to change and edit after submission but only visible to them and then to have a "submit to uploads action" that would move it to the appropriate forum and make it visible to all.

If that is what you are after then I think it would be a plugin that gave users in specified forums the temporary ability to use the MOVE THREAD moderation action to move a thread to another forum and approve it as you would not allow threads to be posted in the target forum - only replies.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 04:05 PM by leefish.)
10-17-2011 04:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HG-Bloodmorphed Offline
See if I were skilled in PHP I'd do it myself - I'm far from skilled enough to create such an automatic way of doing it or ever what you are suggesting?

I COULD manually move them but I play to have people uploading pretty often - 5 to 10 times a day or more.

I would like an automatic one for the simple reason of me and only two others will be able to move them by ourselves and neither of us has time to sit there and do that as we write guides - build character builds - and the other two work. On top of that the other one is a mod maker for the game. And one of them bless his heart - is stoned 24/7 so I wouldnt want him doing that he'd be all sorts of backwards. lol.

Believe me if I could have done it myself this post would have no existed but unfortunately I can't.  I know it shouldn't be extremely hard. Or i think rather.

I think you could do a Upload Custom Thread thing and a download one and then the categories link to forums - though that could get a little ugly IMO.

However my PHP skills are mediocre at best. I'm still VERY noobish as you'd say. So >.<

Also sense I'm here I might as well ask why on: this tut

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=293
The rating stars do not show up?
10-17-2011 04:23 PM
HG-Bloodmorphed Offline
Actually look at this:

http://hg.bpprojects-i.com/forums/forumd...http://hg.bpprojects-i.com/forums/forumdisplay.

I'm not if you can see it without registering - but the Screen shots nor the stars are showing up - i dont understand why.
10-17-2011 05:05 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Am still not quite sure what's the idea behind this.  If you want members to upload something without actually submitting anything, would the drafts feature be enough?

(10-17-2011 05:05 PM)HG-Bloodmorphed Wrote:  I'm not if you can see it without registering - but the Screen shots nor the stars are showing up - i dont understand why.
Screenshot: try rebuilding your thumbnails (ACP -> Tools -> Recount/Rebuild)
Stars: well, most of the images on your theme look broken, so I'd start there and ensure the CSS and images are correct.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 07:41 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
10-17-2011 07:41 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I think its a site similar to mine as far as downloads etc is concerned - I have a forum where all members can upload and then I have categories inside it. I have some uploaders who have their own forums on my board and they upload as moderators - I have a general area where members can upload. As I decided to use XThreads Categories in the upload forums (same fields in all) then I do the split using XThreads in a forum. It's a bit of a pain as there is no alert from MYBB outside ACP that there are threads awaiting approval. I just go check the board for unapproved posts everyday. But I am the admin.

I have some friends who also use mybb as their upload site and they split the categories as forums - so they have users upload and then they moderate the thread (basically checking it is a real thing before releasing into the downloads area) and approve.

My pals got round it by having the uploaders upload to one forum and then going to the forum and checking for unapproved posts. Once approved they move the thread and the "move" pm is the approval PM so an uploader knows their item is live o the board. Its still manual though, and without the alert for posts awaiting approval having something moved to another forum automatically is going to be a bigger pain if you intend to have an approval process.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
10-17-2011 07:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HG-Bloodmorphed Offline
(10-17-2011 07:41 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Am still not quite sure what's the idea behind this.  If you want members to upload something without actually submitting anything, would the drafts feature be enough?

(10-17-2011 05:05 PM)HG-Bloodmorphed Wrote:  I'm not if you can see it without registering - but the Screen shots nor the stars are showing up - i dont understand why.
Screenshot: try rebuilding your thumbnails (ACP -> Tools -> Recount/Rebuild)
Stars: well, most of the images on your theme look broken, so I'd start there and ensure the CSS and images are correct.

No its kinda like a upload and download page. Where you have the upload topic and download category filled with category threads and those threads are filled with the said category.

Also -

REally all the images seem to be broken? I have only seen 2 broken - 1 is the SS and the other is in the same place - the attatchment thing. OH doing the rebuild fixed all image problems except the SS appartly its not a thumbnail it says i have none.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 06:07 AM by HG-Bloodmorphed.)
10-18-2011 05:59 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Your rating stars even not showing on you "regular" forum (?). Example:
http://hg.bpprojects-i.com/forums/forumd...http://hg.bpprojects-i.com/forums/forumdisplay.

For the thumbnail:
Could you post your Screenshot custom thread fields settings here?

For the category:
Actually, XThreads provides "Category", using filtering URL (based on the Category custom thread fields). It will displays all threads in that category only.
You need to edit the Formatting Map List setting under your Category custom thread fields.
Look at this example:
http://xtest.byethost7.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
At the left, you'll see the category.
Clicking the Male (for example), will display all threads with the Male category only.
And clicking the Female, will display all threads with the Female category only.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 06:35 AM by RateU.)
10-18-2011 06:26 AM
HG-Bloodmorphed Offline
Yes I can and your right my stars are not showing up on my regular forums - odd I wonder why.

Yes I understand that Category I have it right its just that I want the uploaded downloads to be in cerperate "forum categories" like right now its UPloads and downloads

I want to remove the downloading ability for the Uploads forum and great catergories that fit my category list

ETC: Clones, Mods, Programs, Mod Making Tools

OHHH nevermind i know what you mean. But its still not exatly what I'm looking for
Doing a Screen shot of it id have to take more then one so I'm going to write what I have in my SS section:

Title: Screenshot
Key: fscr
Desc: Screenshot
App. Forum: (my download/upload one)
Input Type: File
Field Input Width: 40
Valid File Extensions: png|jpg|gif|jpeg
mini. file size: 0
edit/required: Everyone
Display Order: 3
Cap Tag Key: YES
Only Accept Img File: Yes
Min Dimension: 60x30
Max Dimension: 1920x1080
Display Format: <a href="{URL}">{FILENAME}</a>   (I'm willing to bet this is wrong?)
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 07:07 AM by HG-Bloodmorphed.)
10-18-2011 06:53 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
What's the Image Thumbnail Generation settings?

10-18-2011 07:16 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools