Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 is this possible with xthreads?
Shemo Offline
is this possible with xthreads?
I admin a traditional shaving forum and one of the more popular aspects of the traditional shaving forums out there is for people to post up their SOTD (shave of the day).  Well, the problem is, the SOTD is generally started by a thread that runs for the entire week, and after that week is up, someone posts up a new thread that'll run for the next week...and so on and so forth.  the big issue with that is if someone doesn't post up a new SOTD thread as soon as the old thread's week ends, people still post in the old thread and we have to move the posts.  mybb doesn't allow for the moving of posts from one thread to another without first splitting the posts and putting them into a new thread and then merging two threads together.  that can be time consuming if you have an active forum....

anyhow....

is it possible with xthreads to automate the creation of a thread with a specified thread title at X date & time by Y user?
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011 06:32 AM by Shemo.)
10-31-2011 06:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: is this possible with xthreads?
Nope.
You could try using the delayed moderation to achieve it (pre-create all the threads, then approve them at specified time).
Note that delayed moderation doesn't guarantee that it'll occur exactly at specified time.

My Blog
10-31-2011 08:46 AM
Shemo Offline
(10-31-2011 08:46 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Nope.
You could try using the delayed moderation to achieve it (pre-create all the threads, then approve them at specified time).
Note that delayed moderation doesn't guarantee that it'll occur exactly at specified time.

I forgot about the delayed moderation!
10-31-2011 09:31 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
There is also a delayed post plugin by Pavemen that allows you to create draft posts and then publish them at a set time/date. It is on the MYBB mods site.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
10-31-2011 06:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shemo Offline
(10-31-2011 06:15 PM)leefish Wrote:  There is also a delayed post plugin by Pavemen that allows you to create draft posts and then publish them at a set time/date. It is on the MYBB mods site.

yep!  That's what I ended up using after asking if it were possible to add a date & time section to the default delayed moderation option and someone pointed out the plugin pavemen created.
11-01-2011 07:30 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools