Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 How to format 'Product Review' text box font ?
akm Offline
RE: How to format 'Product Review' text box font ?
(12-07-2011 01:59 AM)RateU Wrote:  
(12-06-2011 04:07 PM)akm Wrote:  but wondering how to delete (or edit to include) the MyBB 'Your Message:' text box from list of custom (xthread) text boxes.
Do you mean the default MyBB message textarea or just the text?
Basically, you can create a new newthread template in your Global Templates, copy paste your default newthread template codes to the new newthread template, and name it as prefix_newthread. Change the prefix with your product review template prefix (by default, pf).
With that way, you can have a custom newthread template (and style it) just for your product review forum (other forums will use the default newthread template).

Back into it, after finishing some things up for my day-job.

Was trying to create cc_newthread template for prefix = cc_ , to eliminate the whole new thread 'Your Message:' textarea row including smiles.

Mostly trial-n-error methods.

Attached is list of templates from ACP showing location of.

Assume 'Ungrouped Threads' is ok, seems to work ok (per New Thread display attached).

Seems, need to delete code in { } parans (shown in cc_newthread file below) if want to remove whole rows of text/check boxes etc.

Tried 'comment' tags, but that didnt cause to go away, only delete did it.

Was unable to find a source to describe with the { } paran code represented... could you direct to a good source ?

Any suggestions on work (described above, shown below) would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for your help !

Quote:<html>
<head>
<title>{$lang->newthread_in}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/post.js?ver=1400"></script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$preview}
{$thread_errors}
{$attacherror}
<form action="newthread.php?fid={$fid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->post_new_thread}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$loginbox}
{$extra_threadfields}
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
{$modoptions}
{$pollbox}
{$captcha}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<div style="text-align:center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_thread}" tabindex="4" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="5" />{$savedraftbutton}</div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_newthread" />
<input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="{$posthash}" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentaid" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentact" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="quoted_ids" value="{$quoted_ids}" />
<input type="hidden" name="tid" value="{$tid}" />
{$editdraftpid}
</form>
-->{$forumrules}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2011 09:45 AM by akm.)
12-24-2011 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(12-24-2011 09:42 AM)akm Wrote:  Tried 'comment' tags, but that didnt cause to go away, only delete did it.
That's probably because MyBB may be adding comment tags itself, effectively 'truncating' yours.

(12-24-2011 09:42 AM)akm Wrote:  Was unable to find a source to describe with the { } paran code represented... could you direct to a good source ?
They are PHP variables.  The only source is to dig through the PHP files.
Although, a lot of the time, they are just pulled templates - you'll need to use your intuition here.
Also viewing the source of the page helps as it'll show which template stuff is being pulled from.

My Blog
12-24-2011 10:58 PM
akm Offline
(12-24-2011 10:58 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(12-24-2011 09:42 AM)akm Wrote:  Tried 'comment' tags, but that didnt cause to go away, only delete did it.
That's probably because MyBB may be adding comment tags itself, effectively 'truncating' yours.
(12-24-2011 09:42 AM)akm Wrote:  Was unable to find a source to describe with the { } paran code represented... could you direct to a good source ?
They are PHP variables.  The only source is to dig through the PHP files.
Although, a lot of the time, they are just pulled templates - you'll need to use your intuition here.
Also viewing the source of the page helps as it'll show which template stuff is being pulled from.

Thank you.
At least now I know what they are called, and will do some more looking through the files to find what they look like.

Btw, the only way I have been able to do any searching for 'characters' in files is to download the files from the server to my PC and use Wdos Search... is there possibly a better way to do such searching ?
FileZilla only searches for words in titles.

It also appears {$extra_threadfields} is the 'variable' for the Xthread added textboxes (at least when it is deleted, they go away, where is that variable located ?

Thanks again.

Ps:  Next challenge is going to be how to add drop-down lists in the textboxes.  Any easy way/source for how to do that ?
12-25-2011 04:48 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(12-25-2011 04:48 PM)akm Wrote:  Btw, the only way I have been able to do any searching for 'characters' in files is to download the files from the server to my PC and use Wdos Search... is there possibly a better way to do such searching ?
FileZilla only searches for words in titles.
Have a local copy (eg extract MyBB on your computer, or just use FileZilla to download all forum files to your computer) and use something that can search in files.  I personally use Notepad++'s 'find in files' feature.
I'm assuming you're talking about the .php files, not templates.

As an example, for {$extra_threadfields} you'd search for $extra_threadfields (that is, without the braces).  This particular variable is relatively easy to find (meaning that others may give you more grief) - if you do a search, you should end up with around 3 matching files:
- one is a language file - this can be ignored
- another is the xt_install.php file - as its name implies, this is only for plugin installation, and can thus be ignored in this case
- which leaves one file left, inc/xthreads/xt_updatehooks.php

Unfortunately, you really need PHP knowledge to really go any further, though I guess you could take punts on what's happening 'under the hood'.
In the case of {$modoptions} on newreply, it's just derived off the newreply_modoptions template.  Just FYI, the following line in newthread.php is responsible for this:

PHP Code:
eval("\$modoptions = \"".$templates->get("newreply_modoptions")."\";");

(12-25-2011 04:48 PM)akm Wrote:  Ps:  Next challenge is going to be how to add drop-down lists in the textboxes.  Any easy way/source for how to do that ?
Straight drop down lists is basic HTML.  If you're trying to get 'comboboxes' (hybrid text/list box), there is no standard web control for this, and I'd personally just recommend not bothering.  If you must however, it'll require some complex Javascript to achieve (or maybe you can find someone who's already made such a thing).

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2011 06:11 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
12-25-2011 06:09 PM
akm Offline
Well, its been a while.

Loaded new version of MyBB, 1.6.5., loaded XThreads, and started a new forum webpage from scratch.

Tried ACP/CustomThreadFields/AddThreadField.

Seemed like all was going well, but when clicked on AddTreadField, the admin screen went blank white and the forum web page also did the same.

Forum webpage will not load.

How to get the webpage back ?

Ps:  Only file could find with change at time of problem was xthreads_evalcache.php.
Changed it to x_xthreads_evalcache.php and webpage display came back, but not sure how to proceed form here.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 05:59 AM by akm.)
01-06-2012 05:37 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Try this step:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=288&pid=93

01-06-2012 05:59 AM
akm Offline
(01-06-2012 05:59 AM)RateU Wrote:  Try this step:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=288&pid=93

Thanks for the reply and info.

Just got your message after adding Ps: at previous post

Quote:Ps:  Only file could find with change at time of problem was xthreads_evalcache.php.
Changed it to x_xthreads_evalcache.php and webpage display came back, but not sure how to proceed form here.

Also took a look at your suggested link.

Went back to ACP, and ok for a minute, but then when tried to click on tabs, screen went blank again... also forum webpage blank again.

Went to FileZila, and xthreads_evalcache.php was back.

Did I miss some info on the link ?

Will take another look.

01-06-2012 06:18 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
The file will be generated automatically, so you need to delete it until you can edit the custom thread fields that causing the problem.

01-06-2012 06:27 AM
akm Offline
Thanks again for the followup.
Have deleted it several times, and after deleted, the forum webpage displays and works fine.
But, when go to ACP and click on any item, screen goes blank and xthreads_evalcache.php is back.
Delete it again, refresh screen, and ACP comes back to new clicked page, but when click on another item, screen goes blank again, etc. etc.

01-06-2012 06:36 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
It will happen till you fix the custom thread fields that causing the problem. You need to know which custom thread fields causing the problem. Maybe you have a non standard conditional structure inside the Display Format or Blank Replacement Value.

Just for temporary, I think you can commenting out this line from inc/plugins/xthreads.php:

PHP Code:
@include_once MYBB_ROOT.'cache/xthreads_evalcache.php';

Fix the custom thread fields which causing the problem, then revert the code above back.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 07:07 AM by RateU.)
01-06-2012 07:06 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools