Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 How to format 'Product Review' text box font ?
RateU Offline
Administrator
RE: How to format 'Product Review' text box font ?
(01-11-2012 05:07 AM)akm Wrote:  in the one forum selected under ACP/Config/ThreadPrefixes.
Again, you should assign the template prefix in Template Prefix setting, not in the Thread Prefix setting.
(01-08-2012 01:41 AM)RateU Wrote:  Not Thread Prefix, but Template Prefix.
AdminCP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> Edit/create a forum, scroll down the page. You'll find the Template Prefix setting there.

Look at the screenshot above. There is a Template Prefix setting there (red signed). Did you put your template prefix in the setting?

01-11-2012 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
akm Offline
(01-11-2012 05:55 AM)RateU Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 05:07 AM)akm Wrote:  in the one forum selected under ACP/Config/ThreadPrefixes.
Again, you should assign the template prefix in Template Prefix setting, not in the Thread Prefix setting.
(01-08-2012 01:41 AM)RateU Wrote:  Not Thread Prefix, but Template Prefix.
AdminCP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> Edit/create a forum, scroll down the page. You'll find the Template Prefix setting there.
Look at the screenshot above. There is a Template Prefix setting there (red signed). Did you put your template prefix in the setting?

Sorry about the description mistake, did actually set template prefix at the ACP/manage forums settings section.  

Does is make a difference if the thread prefix is the same as the template prefix ?

Actually, it looks like the thread prefix is not really needed in this case...
Quote:Thread prefixes allow you to define prefixes that users can assign to their threads. Threads can then be filtered by prefix within a forum
...any reason not to delete it (so dont need to figure out what if really does, at least not yet) ?

Hopefully the rest of my previous post question (ie custom thread field not displaying in thread display) still makes sense ?

And thanks again for the followup and patience... hopefully have finally got the key, thread prefix, and template prefix thing clear, and hopefully dont need the thread prefix at this time.

Thanks again for your help !
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 08:28 AM by akm.)
01-11-2012 08:27 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Thread prefixes are completely unrelated here, so yes, there's absolutely no need for them.

Also, how are you creating the templates?  They should be under the Global Template Set, if you aren't doing that already.

My Blog
01-11-2012 09:18 AM
akm Offline
(01-11-2012 09:18 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Thread prefixes are completely unrelated here, so yes, there's absolutely no need for them.
Also, how are you creating the templates?  They should be under the Global Template Set, if you aren't doing that already.

Ooops!
Of course not, why would I do anything right the 1st time.  Erf
Went back and changed Template Set to global for all the custom prefix_template/s.
Should above change help with the thread display (custom field missing) question ?
Ps: Forgot to add, too a look at the subject thread, after changing the template set for custom templates, and didnt see any change (still no custom thread field display).

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 01:58 PM by akm.)
01-11-2012 10:51 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Are you willing to send an administrative login, perhaps to a clean board?
I think it might be easier if we looked directly.

My Blog
01-11-2012 02:02 PM
akm Offline
(01-11-2012 02:02 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Are you willing to send an administrative login, perhaps to a clean board?
I think it might be easier if we looked directly.
What ever works best for you !
It would be great to get things on the right track at this point, so could go from here in at least the right direction.
What is best way to get login info to you, with Messenger ?

01-11-2012 03:16 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Just send a PM.

My Blog
01-11-2012 04:47 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Okay, thanks for the login details.
You're missing the threadfields variable in your cr_* templates.
You should place

Code:
{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['hp_']}

where you wish to show the phone number.

I've placed it in your cr_showthread template to demonstrate that it works.  If you take a look at a thread, you'll see the phone number wedged between the title and first post (probably not where you want it, but just to show).
It looks like you've done everything else okay.

Hope that helps.

My Blog
01-12-2012 08:54 AM
akm Offline
(01-12-2012 08:54 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Okay, thanks for the login details.
You're missing the threadfields variable in your cr_* templates.
You should place

Code:
{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['hp_']}

where you wish to show the phone number.
I've placed it in your cr_showthread template to demonstrate that it works.  If you take a look at a thread, you'll see the phone number wedged between the title and first post (probably not where you want it, but just to show).
It looks like you've done everything else okay.
Hope that helps.

Thank you, that helps tremendously !
Actually, it is good to know I wasnt all that far off in what thought may be needed, just had no idea on the code required... {$GLOBALS['threadfields']['hp_']}.
Cant thank you enough.
Am trying to keep this forum simple, and as accessible as possible... larger fonts, less clicking, etc.
In fact, changing the fonts, like with the phone number as it is, being so small (so need to edit it), has been a challenge... hence this thread, and of course it has evolved into more.
There are so many folks who have never used a forum, but need help with everyday things, and the combination of a forum and related 'wiki' seems may be a good way to get there... we will see.
XThreads has certainly been a great help in that direction !

01-12-2012 10:05 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I'm not too sure whether larger fonts really is the key to make things simpler/more accessible.
My idea of simplicity would be to remove a lot of unnecessary stuff and perhaps streamline the interface.  Maybe improving contrast and making certain things more obvious / easier to navigate.
Size/zoom can easily be controlled by the browser, and people having issues with smaller pages probably should increase the zoom by default I'd think.

My Blog
01-12-2012 12:37 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools