Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 How to format 'Product Review' text box font ?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: How to format 'Product Review' text box font ?
(01-13-2012 11:32 AM)akm Wrote:  One thing have found, fair number of folks dont even know how to zoom a browser... and even with the process of zooming some of the display may go off the screen, and need to scroll the screen.
Although I don't really want to criticise you on your motives here, I'm just going to put what I think down anyway.
I'm not too sure whether this is something you should be particularly concerned about.
You can definitely theme your site so that it works appropriately at different zoom levels.
However it's somewhat the browser's responsibility to allow users to actually do the zooming.  I understand that dumping the problem somewhere else really doesn't solve it, so I may propose to put instructions on how to enable zooming if you believe this to be a prime concern amongst your visitors.  Arguably though, this is still more complicated.

The thing is, for people who do know how to zoom, you'll get absurdly large fonts on their displays (unless their browser supports per-site zoom levels and they reduce the zoom for your site).  Also, users who really need larger fonts and don't have them on a system level probably find it rather difficult to operate their computer or other websites.  IMO, best to stay consistent with everything else.  Which is why I don't think the onus really lies on you, a website operator, to fix it.

But then, if you believe the majority of your users fit into this category (trouble using small fonts and don't know about zooming / adjusting system DPI/resolution settings), then fair enough.

(01-13-2012 11:32 AM)akm Wrote:  1. might it be possible to make the 'reply' custom thread fields different from the 'original' post thread post custom thread fields, so replies may be posted and displayed with different info (would have the same subject) than the original thread post ?
XThreads doesn't provide custom post fields unfortunately, only thread fields.

(01-13-2012 11:32 AM)akm Wrote:  2. although not necessarily related to thread fields, am curious if it may be possible to limit the number of replies made by a user/s to a thread, and if the user/s wanted to add/change something they would just do it with an edit of the original/reply post ?
You'd need another plugin for that.
Not sure if one is available, if not, try asking on the community forums to see if anyone is willing to write up a plugin to restrict the number of replies a user can make to a thread.

My Blog
01-13-2012 12:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to format 'Product Review' text box font ? - ZiNgA BuRgA - 01-13-2012 12:53 PM

Standard Tools