[Semi-Solved] How to align signature to the bottom of the post [Semi-Solved]
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: How to align signature to the bottom of the post
(02-23-2012 01:45 AM)Saman Wrote:  So ur sayin' I don't understand the difference between postbit classic and postbit ? Smile I might be new to coding but I'm very smart.
I know that the style of MyBB Hacks forums is postbit_classic. ain't it ? and just to ease my mind, I deleted all postbit codes and it consequently had no effect on postbit classic coz I'd already changed the style to postbit classic and set the sql code to apply it for all users. I'm sure I'm using postbit classic. and I don't guess it's a matter of PEBKAC because all the other codes I manipulated or added, are working perfectly fine. this is a very minor issue I've come across. Frown
If you confirm that this code works then it does Smile
I'll sort it out...
Thank you so much Leefish 'n Sama 4 helpin'

I'm glad to hear it. Re not knowing the difference between one postbit and another - I never said that. Of course, given that you didn't seem to know the difference between one forum software and another it would have been a fair assumption to make......

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
02-23-2012 10:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saman Offline
I guess ur right..
02-23-2012 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
Maybe you can use margin-top, so the signature will be at the bottom of the message area, if the message is one line. Unfortunately, it's a bit ugly for a long message.

Alternatively, you can add a row between the post author/message and the post button for the signature.

02-24-2012 05:49 AM
Saman Offline
oh... Now I know what leefish meant.. u just added a new row and put the signature inside that row right ? this is a good trick but what about those users with no signature ? I don't wanna have empty rows.

I finally came up with the right answer here...

But here's another issue.. some firefox versions aren't compatible with positioning codes introduced there. therefore the signature sticks out of the flow of the web page.. Other browsers are ok with it.. and that's what I call a catch 22.Ouch

Quote:Maybe you can use margin-top, so the signature will be at the bottom of the message area, if the message is one line. Unfortunately, it's a bit ugly for a long message.

Alternatively, you can add a row between the post author/message and the post button for the signature.

Actually I went for this one coz it's the most compatible way.

All I did was add a <br /> before the postbit_signature:

PHP Code:
<br /><hr size="1" width="25%"  align="right"  />
{$post['signature']}

Thank u guys for helpin..tagged the thread as [Solved]

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 07:00 AM by Saman.)
02-25-2012 06:55 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: [Solved] How to align signature to the bottom of the post [Solved]
Well, it all depends on how you want your layout to look. For example, I don't have the <hr> tag as I don't like it and I have my .css set so it is not very obvious there is a "missing line". I also use the default profile plugin to hand out a standard sig and avatar on registration. I also have a fixed height on my signatures to stop the board looking too much like a Christmas tree.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 11:38 AM by leefish.)
02-25-2012 08:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saman Offline
I checked ur site a few minutes ago and I have to admit that this is a very cool trick.. at least u have no compatibility issue. I'll give this one a try...
congrats BTW.. ur website is so cool.. I never get tired browsin it.

Quote:I don't have the <hr> tag as I don't like it and I have my .css set so it is not very obvious there is a "missing line.
how did u do that ?
you prolly omitted "hr" and replaced it with "div" and defined it in global.css.. Am I correct?
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 11:23 AM by Saman.)
02-25-2012 11:22 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
yup, pretty much

this is what I have in postbit_signature

HTML Code
<div class="signature">{$post['signature']}</div>

and in the .css

Code:
.signature {
border:2px solid #b5bfbe;height:56px;overflow:auto;
}

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
02-25-2012 11:33 AM
Saman Offline
I can't thank u enough Lee... hope this helps the others who come up with such an issue as well...
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 12:21 PM by Saman.)
02-25-2012 12:09 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools