[Semi-Solved] How to align signature to the bottom of the post [Semi-Solved]
Saman Offline
[Semi-Solved] How to align signature to the bottom of the post [Semi-Solved]
hey guys.. is there a way to align signature to the bottom of the post... I'm using postbit_classic.... I tried messin' with postbit_signature code (<hr size="1" width="25%"  valign="bottom" align="right" />
{$post['signature']}) and addin' this code: (style="vertical-align: bottom) but i failed Frown help plz 'n thx in advance
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 04:11 PM by Saman.)
02-21-2012 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sama34 Offline
RE: How to align signature to the bottom of the post
Use vertical-align in the td where the signature is being displayed in your postbit template. It willn´t work just using it in the hr tag.

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
02-21-2012 11:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saman Offline
Thx Sama.. I did what u wanted me to... So I edited valign="top" to valig="bottom" in the code below in posbit_classic:

Quote: <td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
<br />
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
{$post['message']}
</div>
{$post['attachments']}
{$post['signature']}
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
{$post['iplogged']}
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>

the problem is that it also aligns post message ({$post['message']}) to the bottom... I tried to separate them and give them their specific valign thing but I actually dunno how to sort it out Frown
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012 02:50 AM by Saman.)
02-22-2012 02:48 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I redid the postbit classic on leefish - I added another row at the bottom and chucked the signature in there. You can see it on my board. Based on default template:

HTML Code
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span>
	</td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
				{$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
		</td></tr>
<tr><td>{$post['signature']}</td></tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
				<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
02-22-2012 03:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saman Offline
no.. it didn't work . Frown I even tried adding valign to the row you created (<tr><td valign="bottom">{$post['signature']}</td></tr>) but I failed again.

I googled and guess I found the solution but I couldn't find the html address he mentioned to edit here
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012 05:56 AM by Saman.)
02-22-2012 05:54 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
are you looking at classic postbit? Not wishing to seem rude, but this is MYBB hacks - and your link was to phpbb. Which forum software are you asking for help on?

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
02-22-2012 07:43 AM
Sama34 Offline
The edit to add another row/td that Leefish mentioned in post 4 is what I did as well, in mybb.

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
02-22-2012 02:38 PM
Saman Offline
sry Lee Frown I'm new to coding and stuffs like that.. I just kinda manipulate them to find out how they work.... again.. sry 4 that link..

I DID replace my entire postbit classic with yours but it didn't work so I thought it had sth to do with sth else rather than postbit classic.
all you did was add a row and put the signature in between, right ? I guess this row needs another code to align it to the bottom...
as I said earlier I even added valign="bottom" to this row but the result was the same...

Quote:The edit to add another row/td that Leefish mentioned in post 4 is what I did as well, in mybb.
did it work ? if it did then sth's wrong with the mybb I installed...
I try to use this code in a fresh install of mybb and let you know...

Thxs for helpin' guys..

Edit:
nah... still the same...
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2012 09:29 PM by Saman.)
02-22-2012 09:12 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
there are two postbit templates - postbit_classic and postbit. You need to make sure you change the correct postbit template and you need to change it in the templates for your theme.

I assure you, this code works. If you cannot get it to work then I think it is a case of PEBKAC.

MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2012 12:39 AM by leefish.)
02-23-2012 12:39 AM
Saman Offline
So ur sayin' I don't understand the difference between postbit classic and postbit ? Smile I might be new to coding but I'm very smart.
I know that the style of MyBB Hacks forums is postbit_classic. ain't it ? and just to ease my mind, I deleted all postbit codes and it consequently had no effect on postbit classic coz I'd already changed the style to postbit classic and set the sql code to apply it for all users. I'm sure I'm using postbit classic. and I don't guess it's a matter of PEBKAC coz all the other codes I manipulated or added, are workin' perfectly fine. this is a very minor issue I've come across. Frown
If you confirm that this code works then it does Smile
I'll sort it out...
Thank you so much Leefish 'n Sama 4 helpin'
02-23-2012 01:45 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools