[Unsolved]Forum link to a new post[Unsolved]
Saman Offline
[Unsolved]Forum link to a new post[Unsolved]
hi...
any possibilities for forums to behave like a thread ?
I want clickin on a forum lead to a new post instead of the thread page.
neither do I wanna make a new thread and redirect the forum to that thread using Forum Link option nor use custom pages.

If it's only possible through custom page, then any possibilities  that I could have all new post options in that custom page ?
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 04:10 PM by Saman.)
02-24-2012 12:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
RE: Forum link to a new post
What do you mean by the "new post"?
The last post or a list of newest posts?

If what you mean is the last post, there is a column for that?
If what you mean is a list of newest posts, I think you need a plugin or custom page for that.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012 05:55 AM by RateU.)
02-24-2012 05:52 AM
Saman Offline
There isn't any post yet.. umm...lemme put it this way. suppose that I wanna create a Rules forum. Instead of making a new thread in that forum and posting in that thread, I want it to go straight to that post section:

to put it simply:
Forum>New Thread>Post
Forum>Post
02-24-2012 06:49 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(02-24-2012 12:15 AM)Saman Wrote:  neither do I wanna make a new thread and redirect the forum to that thread using Forum Link option
Why not?

My Blog
02-24-2012 08:38 AM
Saman Offline
ummm... coz there's no point. you don't need to make any threads for Rules forum and besides what would I name it ?
ex: Rules (forum)> Rules(new thread) (which is redirected)
ex: MyBB Hacks/Rules/Rules

it looks a bit ugly to have same names coming after each other in the navigator.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2012 06:27 AM by Saman.)
02-25-2012 06:21 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
well, why not redirect to the forum directly and edit that template so all it has is an announcement - with the rules.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
02-25-2012 08:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saman Offline
could u explain it a little bit more ?
02-25-2012 12:29 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
well, I am a little lost at what you want to do - basically, you seemed to want a Rules forum - with no threads but posts? So you want users to reply to a thread by being directed straight to the post reply? But how will they know what they are replying to? What are they replying to?

So I think - you want a sort of page effect - where a click on the link to the forum display, instead of showing a list of threads just shows a page. With rules on. Right?

So you can set up a forum with XThreads templates and make your forum display look like a page. You make it so nobody can post threads and thats it.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
02-25-2012 01:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(02-25-2012 06:21 AM)Saman Wrote:  ex: MyBB Hacks/Rules/Rules

it looks a bit ugly to have same names coming after each other in the navigator.
If your only gripe is the navigation bar, then just stick a template conditional in there and be done with it.
No need to over-complicate things.

My Blog
02-25-2012 04:45 PM
Saman Offline
Quote:well, I am a little lost at what you want to do
No, you aren't. By explain I meant how would I redirect to the forum directly and edit that template...

Quote:basically, you seemed to want a Rules forum - with no threads but posts?
Exactly...

Quote:So you want users to reply to a thread by being directed straight to the post reply?
Doesn't matter whether or not they're able to reply. I wanna lock the post and update the rules whenever necessary.

Quote:But how will they know what they are replying to? What are they replying to?
Suppose that the post isn't locked 'n users can reply. well, the rules are explained in the first post and they naturally reply to that first post.

Quote:So I think - you want a sort of page effect - where a click on the link to the forum display, instead of showing a list of threads just shows a page. With rules on. Right?
Exactly... I found one here on youtube (I dunno if this is a page effect or what) It's made through addin a new template..
Unfortunately it has no post reply options.

Quote:So you can set up a forum with XThreads templates and make your forum display look like a page. You make it so nobody can post threads and thats it.
The problem is that I dunno where and how to make such templates that behave that way. u mean just like that youtube tutorial by addin a new template ?

Quote:If your only gripe is the navigation bar, then just stick a template conditional in there and be done with it.
No need to over-complicate things.
y so angry Zinga Smile
I just need to know HOW ? I didn't get any answer regardin this HOW...
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 12:40 AM by Saman.)
02-26-2012 12:35 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools