Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 MyPlaza and templates...
Zeta Offline
Bored and experimenting
MyPlaza and templates...
how difficult is it to modify the templates for MyPlaza? say, for instance, I want to have a "shopkeeper" image above the item info area but having both of those fill the same space as the item info area does normally?
02-28-2008 10:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: MyPlaza and templates...
Hi,
Do you know HTML?  If so, it shouldn't be difficult, as all MyBB templates are primarily HTML.

As for your question, are you talking about the item information that is displayed on the right?  If so, where do you want the image?  Below the item name?

My Blog
02-28-2008 10:28 AM
Zeta Offline
Bored and experimenting
okay, let's take this image:
[Image: arrangementsz1.png]
The red area is where the list of items is. the white area is where the item description is. the green area is where I'd like to put the image.

(and yes, I have a decent familiarization [read: can do in notepad] with XHTML [which isn't really that much different from HTML, just a few rule changes on syntax like having to do "<br />" instead of "<br>" Tongue]. then again, I'm the only student at my school taking both Web Design 1 & 2.)
02-29-2008 06:34 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Edit your plaza_itemdisplay template.  You should be able to figure out where you want the image to be displayed Tongue

My Blog
02-29-2008 12:12 PM
Zeta Offline
Bored and experimenting
okay, I believe I see where to edit it *crosses his fingers* and the plaza_itemdisplay_none template as well.

related question: what would happen if I were to move all the MyPlaza templates over to the default templates group and have new template sets refer back to that, or is there another way for MyBB to handle this?

[edit: and I'm 100% certain it's XHTML that the templates use now]

[2nd edit: done using the plaza template as opposed to the plaza_itemdisplay template - works like a charm given the right height CSS statements]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2008 09:48 AM by Zeta.)
03-01-2008 06:59 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
If you move the templates over to another group, everything should still work fine Tongue

And yes, as of v0.5, MyPlaza templates are XHTML Transitional compliant.

My Blog
03-01-2008 10:54 AM
Zeta Offline
Bored and experimenting
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:If you move the templates over to another group, everything should still work fine Tongue
yeah, I just found out (by experimentation) that the global group basically acts as a global fallback for templates not defined in a template set (^-^);;

stilll, nice to know that WOULD work.
03-02-2008 05:50 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools