Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 idlerpg?
Teduhdulu Offline
idlerpg?
idlerpg is a game that play at irc

basicly its rpg that use your idle time at irc to play but instead using idle time why dont we use login time at website? err i hope u understand my point here because im not good in english Wink2
02-28-2008 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: idlerpg?
Could you explain it in detail?  I don't know what "idlerpg" is, how it works, or any details on it whatsoever...

My Blog
02-29-2008 12:18 PM
Teduhdulu Offline
Idle RPG, or just IRPG, is the general appellation of a class of satirical computer role-playing games (RPG) made for Internet Relay Chat (IRC).

The point of the Idle RPG is to idle; as such, talking (in the channel or to the bot), quitting, or leaving the channel will result in penalties against you.

During the time you are idle you gain levels, find items and battle other players etc., however all this is done automatically for you.

*thats the basic idlerpg*

but my idea is via verse instead using idle time ( not speak ) we use the login time to gain level . to finds items and battle can be use in 2 way 1 is automatic 2 is manual ( u click the user name and challenge ) thats is some of my idea.. err hope u understand hehe Wink
02-29-2008 01:03 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Unfortunately, a bulletinboard is not IRC, and idling is nigh impossible to do with a forum, since there is no persistent connection (the connection is closed once the page is downloaded).
FYI, the "online/offline" status is really just a guess, and based on past activity - it's impossible to tell whether someone is really looking at a browser page or not, and also, whether they have it open or not.

There may be a minor possibility with AJAX, but that in itself has a myriad of issues.

It sounds like an interesting idea, but unfortunately, technically unfeasible for a website.

My Blog
02-29-2008 04:04 PM
Johny Gotini
Unregistered

RE:
If you ask me, I would never put that in doubt. It is because I decided to take some hoodia diet pills and they really worked. But that is me.

Regards
Johny Gotini
03-10-2009 04:17 AM
Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools