Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Indenting categories
Yin Offline
Indenting categories
I'm trying to indent a checkbox category that I made so that it appears like this:

Item1
    Item1
    Item2
Item2
    Item1
    Item2
etc...

But everything I've tried wasn't working. So then I decided to try just to make it bold, but then the template needed the <strong> tags too. But the strong tags won't work in the filter. Now I'm back at square one. Cry Does anyone know how to do this? Maybe some way to auto remove the html from the categories' names?
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012 04:15 AM by Yin.)
03-16-2012 04:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Indenting categories
There may be a nicer solution in the next version of XThreads.
For now, you could essentially completely customise your editpost/newthread template, though it's somewhat ugly to do so.

Either case, it'll merely be cosmetic and the indentation won't actually signify anything.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012 03:10 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
03-16-2012 03:10 PM
Yin Offline
Would that be hard to do and would that effect all or just the screens with the prefix? What exactly would I need to change or add (if even just a jist of what I need to do or a quick example would be helpful)? If the next update is coming out soon, then I think I can wait for it, but if not, could you tell me what I'd need to edit/add?
03-16-2012 05:41 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
It's just HTML and maybe CSS.
You're using XThreads because you know them, right?  Because if you aren't familiar with either, you shouldn't be using XThreads.

If so, just go onto a edit post page and copy+paste the HTML into your editpost and newthread templates, then tweak it to your liking.
There are a few other things, but if you can do the above, the rest should be trivial.

My Blog
03-16-2012 06:56 PM
Yin Offline
Yeah, I'm familiar with them. I think I've got the idea. I get the source code from the actual page through chrome to see how the buttons are made, then I just copy that code (for the buttons) into a global template with the prefix on it and that will make the changes to the new thread/edit post?

I'm just not really familiar with how the templates work, I don't know where to paste the code that I made because the code isn't the same as the source. Do I replace where it says "extra threadfields" (before post icons) with the new code?

Should my template look like this?

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$lang->newthread_in}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/post.js?ver=1400"></script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$preview}
{$thread_errors}
{$attacherror}
<form action="newthread.php?fid={$fid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="theadborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2">{$lang->post_new_thread}</td>
</tr>
</table>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
{$loginbox}
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="20%">{$lang->thread_subject}</td>
<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
</tr>

<!-- start: threadfields_inputrow -->
<tr>
<td class="trow2" width="20%"><strong>Category</strong></td>
<td class="trow2"><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="&lt;font size=&quot;+1&quot;&gt;gt;&lt;strong&gt;MUGEN&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/font&gt;" tabindex="3" /><font size="+1"><strong>MUGEN</strong></font></label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Original Characters" />Original Characters</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Marvel Characters" />Marvel Characters</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="DC Characters" />DC Characters</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Image Characters" />Image Characters</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Video Game Characters" />Video Game Characters</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Cartoon Characters" />Cartoon Characters</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Other MUGEN" />Other MUGEN</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="&lt;font size=&quot;+1&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;RPG Maker&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/font&gt;" /><font size="+1"><strong>RPG Maker</strong></font></label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Titles and Gameover" />Titles and Gameover</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Windowskins" />Windowskins</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Character Sets" />Character Sets</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Battlers" />Battlers</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Tilesets" />Tilesets</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Transitions and Fogs" />Transitions and Fogs</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Faces and Icons" />Faces and Icons</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="Other RM" />Other RM</label><label style="display: block;"><input name="xthreads_gal_cat[]" type="checkbox" class="checkbox" value="&lt;font size=&quot;+1&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Other&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/font&gt;" /><font size="+1"><strong>Other</strong></font></label><small style="display: block;">Please select a category for this image. You are allowed to select more than one category.</small></td>
</tr>
<!-- end: threadfields_inputrow -->

{$posticons}
<tr>
<td class="trow2" valign="top">{$lang->your_message} {$smilieinserter}</td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" valign="top">{$lang->post_options}</td>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="7"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>
{$disablesmilies}</span></td>
</tr>
{$modoptions}
{$subscriptionmethod}
{$pollbox}
{$captcha}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<div style="text-align:center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->post_thread}" tabindex="4" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="5" />{$savedraftbutton}</div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_newthread" />
<input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="{$posthash}" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentaid" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentact" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="quoted_ids" value="{$quoted_ids}" />
<input type="hidden" name="tid" value="{$tid}" />
{$editdraftpid}
</form>
{$forumrules}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

(Haven't changed anything yet, just want to make sure this is how it's done)

edit:

I answered my own question by following what I posted and it worked like a charm! Not so "ugly" either. Tongue You made it seem like it'd be hard when you said that. Thank you! it works now!

edit:
Scratch that, it works and all, but now the file upload section is gone. How would I add that to the html?

edit: Nvm I think I just forgot to copy the upload part to the template! Ha ha ha. Thank you for the help!

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2012 02:56 AM by Yin.)
03-17-2012 01:48 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools