Additional Settings For Custom Profile Fields [1.2]
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Additional Settings For Custom Profile Fields
Yes, I have a specific issue that I am trying to work on, maybe that would help a bit more.

I have a customfield "what is your cue" (my idea was later to query on that and give some silly stats like "did you know that x percent of members use a house cue" ) so I was trying to keep the selection simple, to minimise strain later. However, there are a LOT of cue manufacturers, and I don't want to be that granular in the data I query, but I do want users to have the opportunity to add their cue if it is not in the list.

I was unsure how to approach this; I don't want them to have a field saying "what is your model of cue" if they have selected house cue in the list as that is silly; it is more that IF they select "custom cue" then the option to enter data in an additional text field appears. That would be another profile field I think as we cannot mix and match field types.

Is that possible? If option A is chosen in customfield 1 then customfield 2 becomes visible without a page reload?

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
08-08-2012 05:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Additional Settings For Custom Profile Fields - leefish - 08-08-2012 05:56 PM

Standard Tools