Additional Settings For Custom Profile Fields [1.2]
RateU Offline
Administrator
RE: Additional Settings For Custom Profile Fields
(08-12-2012 11:19 PM)leefish Wrote:  I mean that if I have a plugin that makes a simple report and I do a query on the field value then it is better to look for a specific value rather than using wildcards? Like the % symbol in the " AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' " that we use in many queries is not an efficient way to query. It is hard to avoid it in those queries because of the way the MYBB Table is made, but if we can avoid making our data require such a wildcard then the query is faster on the db.
I think the query will be faster if you use index/key in the "requested" fields (in your case above). That's why I told you that by default, MyBB always assigns TEXT as data type for each custom thread field columns, because (I think) you need to do a "special thing" if you want to assign an index for TEXT/BOLB columns.

(08-12-2012 11:19 PM)leefish Wrote:  Now, I know how to open a hidden div by "watching" for the on change event in an input, but as I only want that hidden div to open if they click on only one option from the 1st list then I need to know the id of the field they have clicked on - the input id for that item in the profile field list of inputs.
I've posted the ID provided by this plugin in my previous post.

(08-12-2012 11:19 PM)leefish Wrote:  For example - in the what is your favourite game layout you shared - what if there was a sixth value - other game - and when that was clicked they could fill in a textarea with the Name of the favourite game? That textarea would actually be ANOTHER profilefield, but only visible if the 6th option of the favourite games was clicked.
If you use checkboxes, the ID is the same as the Option Buttons ID.

08-13-2012 02:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Additional Settings For Custom Profile Fields - RateU - 08-13-2012 02:27 AM

Standard Tools