Guests can't enter certain forums
lilah Offline
Guests can't enter certain forums
I would like to have to kinds of forums for my mybb:

one which guests can enter, read all topics and post their questions in
and another one that guest can't enter. but they should be able to see the forum on the index (no topics or subforums) so they can tell that there are other forums and there is activity in these forums.

so far I found no configuration and no plugin that made this possible. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with that.
thanks in advance
04-11-2012 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adisp007 Offline
RE: Guests can't enter certain forums
Maybe this http://mods.mybb.com/view/guest-s-can-t-view-threads ???

Best Regards,

Adi Sucipta Pratama
04-12-2012 12:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sama34 Offline
If I  understood right, that is possible with the already existing forum permissions.

Go to forum configuration, click the editor options tab, a popup will come up and there will be a link to edit "Permissions".

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
04-13-2012 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adisp007 Offline
(04-13-2012 11:29 AM)Sama34 Wrote:  If I  understood right, that is possible with the already existing forum permissions.

Go to forum configuration, click the editor options tab, a popup will come up and there will be a link to edit "Permissions".

With that way,it can't be like this:

(04-11-2012 10:14 PM)lilah Wrote:  ...
but they should be able to see the forum on the index (no topics or subforums) so they can tell that there are other forums and there is activity in these forums.

Smile

Best Regards,

Adi Sucipta Pratama
04-13-2012 06:09 PM
lilah Offline
yes adisp007 is right, it's not possible using the existing permissions, i tried every combination

I also tried the suggested "Guest's Can't View Threads" plugin, but it has no visible effect
04-14-2012 10:05 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Try to set this permission for guest usergroup for the specified forum(s):
Can View Forum: No
Can View Threads: Yes
Then set the Hide Private Forum setting to No (Forum Home Options settings group).

I'm sorry if I misunderstand what you mean.

04-16-2012 02:00 AM
adisp007 Offline
@lilah
Maybe that plugin isn't compatible with current version of MyBB.
I haven't tried it. Biggrin

@RateU
Did You forget this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-60718-p...http://community.mybb.com/thread-60718-post-440991.html ??? Tongue

Same case like this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-60718-p...http://community.mybb.com/thread-60718-post-440783.html

Best Regards,

Adi Sucipta Pratama
04-17-2012 03:42 AM
Sama34 Offline
So you want this affect all forums or just some of them?

04-17-2012 01:40 PM
lilah Offline
(04-16-2012 02:00 AM)RateU Wrote:  Try to set this permission for guest usergroup for the specified forum(s):
Can View Forum: No
Can View Threads: Yes
Then set the Hide Private Forum setting to No (Forum Home Options settings group).

that way, they can't see any forums but will be rejected on the index page (but it is a configuration, i hadn't tried so thanks for that)

(04-17-2012 01:40 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  So you want this affect all forums or just some of them?

the guest should be able to enter and post in the (2 or 3) forums, where they can ask questions and stuff
all other forums should be "members only", but the guests should see that the forums are there

its complicated i know Frown

the easiest solution may be to deny them, when they try to enter a forum, they can't post in.
another possibility could be to make the forum names "not clickable" (remove the link from the title, when they cant post there)
04-20-2012 08:26 AM
Sama34 Offline
Just use the showthread_start hook, I wrote the plugin but need to release in the mods site.

04-21-2012 01:43 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools