Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 (resolved)Xthreads Thumbnails Not working anymore
Yin Offline
RE: Xthreads Thumbnails Not working anymore
My host rebuilt the apache stuff or something called GD. The regular attachments work fine now.

But the xthreads attachments only work when you go to the page through a link or directly. If you refresh, then they break.
04-29-2012 07:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
That doesn't make much sense.  Refresh what?  What's "the page" you're referring to?
"they break" <- all the time, always directly after a refresh, randomly, when?

My Blog
04-29-2012 10:54 AM
Yin Offline
Always after refreshing. When I say they break, I mean it looks like a broken image link with that default image picture in there with the shapes. I can give you a link, but my xthreads stuff isn't visible to guests. I can give you a log in to my test user account though. If you want to check it out.
04-29-2012 11:17 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
You still failed to mention what you're refreshing, whether they ever come back after refreshing or they become permanently broken, whether they ever were working (and when) etc.
Also you didn't mention anything about what's actually on the filesystem, whether you've tried rebuilding thumbnails etc.

My Blog
04-29-2012 12:08 PM
Yin Offline
I've recounted and rebuilt the thumbnails, I'm refreshing the forum display of the gallery. They don't become permanently broken, if I refresh again, they appear. In the files, I have 160x120 thumbnail and 320x240 and the original upload file.
I'll give you a walkthrough:
I go to the gallery by regular means (directly or through a link). The thumbnails show fine.
I refresh my page. The images break. I refresh my page again, they reappear.
I refresh again, they break.
If I leave the page, say I go into a thread or something for example, and then come back to the gallery, the thumbnails show up fine.
I refresh, then the images break.

That's what I am experiencing. This happens on every page that has thumbnails from xthreads.
I've also completely reinstalled xthreads.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2012 12:38 PM by Yin.)
04-29-2012 12:28 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
So is this behaviour _always_ alternating exactly like this?  That is, fine, broken, fine, broken pattern, or is it sometimes fine, fine, broken, fine, broken, broken, fine etc?

Try copying the image location of a thumbnail when it's fine, when it's broken, and when it's fine again.  Are the URLs always the same?  If so, visit the URL of the image thumbnail directly, and try Ctrl+F5 a few times and see what happens.

Also, do you have any form of hotlink protection enabled on the server?

My Blog
04-29-2012 04:23 PM
Yin Offline
Yes, it always alternates.
Zinga you are definitely coming closer to the problem. I never thought to try that! But here is the error that pops up when I refresh the thumbnail's url:

If I never did that we would never know the error that's happening. The direct link is this:

I just want you to know that I finally fixed it. It was indeed a problem with my php setup. I had to set a timezone for my server.
I hope you don't mind I removed the error because it had the path to my website in it. ( I don't know if that helps bots or not, but just to be on the safe side )

Thank you for taking the time to help me figure out the problem. Without your troubleshooting methods I probably would never have found the error!
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2012 07:05 AM by Yin.)
04-30-2012 01:44 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: (resolved)Xthreads Thumbnails Not working anymore
Actually, I probably should set a default timezone in xthreads_attach.php.  Thanks for pointing out what went wrong.

My Blog
04-30-2012 10:30 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools