Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 MyPlaza is unable to initialize Advanced Modules. Make sure that you have configured
Newman Offline
MyPlaza is unable to initialize Advanced Modules. Make sure that you have configured
MyPlaza is unable to initialize Advanced Modules. Make sure that you have configured Advanced Modules correctly, by editing the /inc/myplaza/config_am.php file.

When i click on Adv. Module Backups

lol ?
03-05-2008 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: MyPlaza is unable to initialize Advanced Modules. Make sure that you have configured
Advanced Modules isn't the easiest thing to configure properly.

You will need to be willing to supply your FTP details (and of course, you should know them).
You will need to edit /inc/myplaza/config_am.php and enter your FTP details in there.

My Blog
03-05-2008 03:59 PM
Newman Offline
RE: MyPlaza is unable to initialize Advanced Modules. Make sure that you have configured
my ftp is 24-7Gt.com

and then i supply my username n password

and then it should work? lol

does this do a load on the server? and do i need to have this enabled for custom usercolors things to work?

bcz i didn't mean to xD Frown
03-05-2008 04:01 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
You will need to change the following section:

PHP Code:
/**
 * This is the location at which your forum is installed, relative to any chroot's
 * Generally, for PHP mode, set this to MYBB_ROOT
 * For FTP, make sure that it's the exact path of the forum directory, accessed from the
 *  supplied FTP account.  For example, this could be /public_html/forums if your
 *  FTP account is set up that way.
 */
$config_am['forumdir'] = MYBB_ROOT;

// FTP EXAMPLE:
//$config_am['forumdir'] = '/public_html/forums';

/**
 * These are your FTP login details.  If you're using 'php' as the method, don't worry about
 *  this.
 */

// host to connect to, eg ftp.myserver.com  or localhost if the FTP server is installed on the
//  same domain as your webserver.  Note, do NOT supply any protocols - ie http:// or ftp://
$config_am['host'] = 'localhost';
// port to connect via (usually ftp = 21)
$config_am['port'] = '21';
// your FTP login username and password
$config_am['user'] = '';
$config_am['password'] = '';

forumdir should be set to the directory where your forum is stored at.  You can find this out by logging into your FTP and navigating to where your forum is installed - then just copy and paste the location into the forumdir variable.

I suspect that your host, username and password are correct (port can be left at 21).

After you set that up, you will have to enable Advanced Modules via the AdminCP (AdminCP -> Board Settings -> Change -> MyPlaza -> Enable Advanced Modules -> Yes).

My Blog
03-05-2008 04:08 PM
Newman Offline
Hmm it's not working i put in my stuff prob bcz i host my own server @ my house, lol

Hmmm so do i just gota do the edit's manually? Biggrin
03-05-2008 04:26 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
You can perform the code edits manually if you want to.

Note that there's a lot though.
If you still want to, follow the instructions supplied in the Documentation/module-userformat-codeedits.txt file in the MyPlaza download package.

My Blog
03-05-2008 04:30 PM
Newman Offline
Hmm aight and if I do those code edit's will the username font thing really work? lol and i can add more fonts n stuff?

That's just a motivation question so i can get it done Smile

Also, sorry 4 the questions but i just started MYBB Today! :-) Ugh... Does it show on last post and across the whole board like usergroup colors do? :-)
03-05-2008 04:34 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools