Order posts by "best answer"
Shade Offline
Order posts by "best answer"
I'm developing my board on MyBB 1.6.8 and I've installed MySupport 0.4.2 by MattRogowski.

All is working fine, but I'd like to build up with the help of XThreads and Pluginlibrary some forums with a stackoverflow.com-style: the main thing I would like to have is "order by: votes, best answer, normal" buttons and "best answer" set as default, so if an user post his question and then he marks an answer as best, it will be put on top, after first message. It's a intelligent way of building up support forums and I hope you will help me obtaining this target.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2012 08:36 AM by Shade.)
06-26-2012 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Order discussions by "best answer"
Neither of those will be of any help because they don't do anything related to post rating.

My Blog
06-27-2012 07:21 PM
Shade Offline
RE: Order discussions by "best answer"
Ahm, I didn't explain my idea properly. My main target is to have a filter that sorts posts by MySupport's best answer feature. I need XThreads and Pluginlibrary to style, for example, first post and best answer post, I know I don't need them to achieve the filtering feature (well, XThreads has a filtering system, but it's applied to forumdisplay if I'm not mistaken... I need it for showthread instead).

Gently, can you tell me if it's possible and how can I achieve this? Thank you ZiNgA BuRgA and sorry for my english, I'm italian and I can't speak it perfectly.
06-27-2012 08:12 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Order posts by "best answer"
AFAIK you can only have one 'marked solution' with MySupport, so sorting doesn't make any sense.  The closest thing I can think of is that you want the marked solution 'stuck' below the first post with all other posts ordered normally.

If you only want to style them differently, I recall MySupport does that by default?

My Blog
06-28-2012 01:13 PM
Shade Offline
Yes, best answer stuck right after first post would be awesome. But I don't know actually how to do it.

And yes, MySupport has his own system to style best answer (with its own class).
06-28-2012 04:52 PM
Shade Offline
Bump Wink
07-07-2012 07:03 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools