Sort threads by thread field or by thrwead field value in portal.
Sama34 Offline
Sort threads by thread field or by thrwead field value in portal.
Currently, I wrote a plugin to sort threads in portal by the default thread columns.

That is, to see only threads that are sticked, closed, o sort them by thread ratings, replies, vies, etc..

Does xThreads allows threads to be sorted outside the forum display? If not, can you guide me with something about how to do so?

Currently I'm out of ideas. Will check Leefish directory mod since it seems that he used something similar, may be I can steal ideas from there haha

I obviously don't what to edit the core.

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
06-30-2012 02:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Sort threads by thread field or by thrwead field value in portal.
Hi Omar, the browse.php thing I posted is a total fudge Biggrin

It pretends to be the portal and uses the existing portal announcements and a lot of "hardcoded filtering". It does depend on your setup how much you can get out of that approach.

The biggest con as far as I can see is that 1) The data is not cached and 2) I cannot use those forums portal announcements on the portal as the layout is totally different. (Well, I can - if I use conditional templates)

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2012 10:00 PM by leefish.)
06-30-2012 07:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sama34 Offline
RE: Sort threads by thread field or by thrwead field value in portal.
Yes, I noticed it was for specific use purpose, but I suppose I get some ideas from there.

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
07-03-2012 11:01 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools