Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 Restaurant Review
WhiteEagle Offline
RE: Restaurant Review
So now that box is showing up, but when I click on 'Get Geo Location' nothing happens!

I fold for team 52482. Do you fold?
MyBB powered sites: Leet Link FoodRatings
09-03-2012 12:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
What's wrong with the previous one so the box not displayed? Maybe your currents issue is related to that.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 12:56 AM by RateU.)
09-03-2012 12:50 AM
WhiteEagle Offline
It was set to hidden as you said to do so in your instructions.

09-03-2012 01:48 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Yes, it should set to hidden.

09-03-2012 03:18 AM
WhiteEagle Offline
Yet you said to enter the address in that field to find the Geo Location, which is it?

09-03-2012 02:43 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
You still failed to explain what you exactly did.  The field is meant to be hidden.  Did you unhide it to show it, a few posts up?  If so, you aren't following instructions.
Again, have you checked your resrev_newthread template?
We can't guess what you've done, so you need to be explicit.

My Blog
09-03-2012 03:01 PM
WhiteEagle Offline
I went and removed the resrev_geo field and the associated code from the templates. I un-hid the location field and made it mandatory (maybe that was the problem?). Now I know my reviews section will work. No map, but I'm willing to put up with that to get it to work. Wink

Before I copied and pasted the templates when I first created the application at FoodRatings. I also followed the instructions for the custom thread fields.

To see the result of all this, check out http://foodratings.info/Forum-Reviews

09-03-2012 03:46 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
(09-03-2012 03:46 PM)WhiteEagle Wrote:  I went and removed the resrev_geo field
That custom field is needed to store the latlon (coordinates) needed by Google Maps to put the marker (pin).

(09-03-2012 03:46 PM)WhiteEagle Wrote:  and the associated code from the templates.
I don't know which codes you've removed and which codes you meant by 'the associated code'.

(09-03-2012 03:46 PM)WhiteEagle Wrote:  I un-hid the location field and made it mandatory (maybe that was the problem?).
By default, it's a mandatory field (Everyone (required)).

(09-03-2012 03:46 PM)WhiteEagle Wrote:  Now I know my reviews section will work. No map, but I'm willing to put up with that to get it to work. Wink
If you don't want to include the maps, you can remove it. Remove all the js related to the google maps in your resrev_newthread/editpost_first templates. And remove the resrev_geo custom field. From there, you can try to modify your templates to build a new layout as your needs.

(09-03-2012 03:46 PM)WhiteEagle Wrote:  Before I copied and pasted the templates when I first created the application at FoodRatings. I also followed the instructions for the custom thread fields.
Then the resrev_location custom field should be displayed in your resrev_newthread/editpost_first templates. I hide the custom field because I want to put it outside the {$extra_threadfields} blocks. Look at the resrev_newthread/editpost_first templates. You should find the {$tfinput['resrev_location']} variable there. The Get Geo Location button and the textbox (where you should enter the location) is in this custom field (look at the Input Field HTML setting of this custom field).

(09-03-2012 03:46 PM)WhiteEagle Wrote:  To see the result of all this, check out http://foodratings.info/Forum-Reviews
Unfortunately, I can't see "anything" there.

09-04-2012 01:29 AM
WhiteEagle Offline
Because you aren't a member, you can't create a new review. That's why you can't see my changes.

I think I know where I went wrong originally. I never made the field mandatory. Too late now.

On the other hand, I can use the modified templates perfectly for my recipes idea.

09-04-2012 03:45 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(09-04-2012 03:45 AM)WhiteEagle Wrote:  Because you aren't a member, you can't create a new review. That's why you can't see my changes.
That's useful...

My Blog
09-04-2012 08:09 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools