Benefits of imagecreate ?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Benefits of imagecreate ?
Accesses will generate 0 queries because it's a static image.

My Blog
08-17-2012 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sama34 Offline
I mean with my current system, it generates two queries each time the file is accessed, up to 4 if it need to generate the image, and though it is the best I could achieve it could be too much at the long term.

I already wrote the task file (I have to manually add it in the ACP tough and modify the settings), looks pretty good by now. One problem I see is that people will need to refresh the image to see any possible update on it, but well, no one is perfect and I doubt there is a solution to this anyways.

Do you think a task would be the best solution for users-stats bars (usersbars or whatever they are named)? Maybe updating only those users online since the last time the task was ran..

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
08-17-2012 04:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(08-17-2012 04:31 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  I doubt there is a solution to this anyways.
Send proper no-cache headers.

(08-17-2012 04:31 PM)Sama34 Wrote:  Do you think a task would be the best solution for users-stats bars (usersbars or whatever they are named)? Maybe updating only those users online since the last time the task was ran..
Possibly.

My Blog
08-18-2012 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools