Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Input Field Type
Codyyy Offline
Input Field Type
Hello,

I've been struggling trying to get the Garage Mod installed on my board. Finally got it working and went to test it. My fellow administrator said we should bump up the image size requirements, and I agreed. I went to do so but I kept getting the error "Invalid input type specified" when trying to edit the Customer Thread Field. So I deleted the custom field and created a new one. I chose input type "File" but when I save the field, it defaults to textbox and won't let me choose file. WHAT IS GOING?!?!?! I'm losing my mind! Grrrrrr

Thanks for any input!
01-14-2013 04:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Online
Fag
RE: Input Field Type
You can't convert to or from the File input type.

But I don't know why the input type isn't correctly saving for you.  It's as if something's interfering with the sent input type.

My Blog
01-14-2013 09:30 AM
Codyyy Offline
Hmm... in that case perhaps I'll try a clean install of Xthreads and see where that leads me.
Well I cleared it out and reinstalled the latest version of Xthreads.

Even though I select "File" as the input type, once I save it changes to Textbox. I'm lost.
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2013 10:37 AM by Codyyy.)
01-14-2013 10:13 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Online
Fag
As I said, it appears that something's interfering with the input type being set.
All I can suggest is perhaps setting up a completely clean install of MyBB elsewhere and testing if you get the same issue.

My Blog
01-14-2013 12:34 PM
Codyyy Offline
It works on my blank test board. I noticed the Add Custom Thread Fields page looks different on my clean install than my functional board. On the clean board, the page is broken into two separate blocks - "Add Thread Field" and "Input Options" - on and my functional board, it's all on one block form called "Add Thread Field".
01-14-2013 02:30 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Online
Fag
You sure it's two sections on the clean board?  It should always be 5.

Try adding plugins until the clean board shows the same issue as your production one.

My Blog
01-14-2013 04:43 PM
Codyyy Offline
Alrighty I finally got it working... well nearly!

The issues came from a portion of Xthreads not getting fully upgraded due to my specially named admin directory.

Now I am still having one issue.. the "Vehicle Details" page won't load. Here's my link: http://pantherfreedom.net/forums/forumdi...http://pantherfreedom.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69&filtertf_gfbv=Browse - As you can see there are 2 vehicles in the garage however the listing here doesn't work. I've racked my brain and double checked my work, must be missing something. Ideas?
01-16-2013 10:44 AM
Codyyy Offline
Nevermind! Solved! Thanks lol.
01-16-2013 11:14 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools