Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 moderator cp panel
powerchaos Offline
moderator cp panel
ok , this is what i want to ask

i got the mod cp panel installed , but there is a lot missing on it

the thing i want to ask , and maybe you know how to do it Tongue

how can i let my moderators adding new forum topics and forums and so on so they got a full control of the forum instead only over a few posts (moderate ban and so )

thats all ^^

when i edited the code , i past this in the place of the other 1

i used this code from  admin/index.php

PHP Code:
$menu[30] = array(

"title" => $lang->nav_forums,

"items" => array(

10 => array("title" => $lang->nav_add_forum, "url" => "forums.php?".SID."&action=add"),

20 => array("title" => $lang->nav_manage_forums, "url" => "forums.php?".SID."&action=modify"),

30 => array("title" => $lang->nav_forum_announcements, "url" => "announcements.php?".SID."&action=modify"),

40 => array("title" => $lang->nav_forum_permissions, "url" => "forumpermissions.php?".SID)

)

);

and i get only a white screen whit a few  bullets on (no text whit the links )

this is the original code (of that line )

mod/index.php

PHP Code:
 $menu[30] = array(
	"title" => $lang->nav_announcements,
	"items" => array(
		10 => array("title" => $lang->nav_manage_announce, "url" => "announcements.php?".SID)
	)
);

i dont see where i do something wrong , and i dont know where i need to search to fix it , but i would be happy if this could be done Smile

Greets From The Crasher

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2008 05:17 AM by powerchaos.)
06-26-2008 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: moderator cp panel
Grabbing and copying navigation links like that won't add any features...
Not sure what you mean by managing forums.

Either case, I have never looked at the ModCP modification, so can't help you there.

If you want to give mods the ability to manage forums, give them AdminCP access and set their admin permissions so that they can only access the relevant section.

My Blog
06-26-2008 01:40 PM
powerchaos Offline
RE: RE: moderator cp panel
that was what i dit (no other option )

the thing i meaned was to create a mod control panel

so they dont need to have the second group for admin

the thing i need to do now is to set my moderators and super moderators to the group admin , so they arent a mod anymore , but they are admin now (can manage every forum , and not only the forum i want that they can manage)

see the problem what i mean ??

its becouse i run differend kinds of hostings and my forum goin get splitted in differend topics
so i got 1 for support , a other 1 for post 2 host , a other 1 for mybb support (multiforum ) and 1 for aef support (multiforum ) and 1 for punbb and for yabb and so on

and the thing i wanted to do is to assign differend staff members to differend topics so they can put there own topics on whitout that they can control the other topics (its for other staff memebers)

if i need to give them the admin acces as second group , then they can controll every forum and thats not what i wanted Ouch

i dont know if that is posseble to do , but if it is , then i realy want it Tongue

Greets From The Crasher
06-27-2008 12:51 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: moderator cp panel
What aspects of the forum do they really need to edit?  Do they really need to edit the forum name every few days?  Edit the forum description often?  I don't see what needs to be edited by them.
Not to mention that it's going to have issues - for example, are you going to allow them to move their forums around?  Allow them to enable HTML?

Either case, it's a very unique request...

My Blog
06-27-2008 09:40 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools