Thread Tooltip Preview
Displays a basic preview of a thread in forumdisplay/search in a tooltip.  The tooltip acts like any standard tooltip - it will be shown after the mouse is hovered on the table cell containing the thread title.  (will also do it for thread title text itself if the user is not a moderator, in which case, the "click and hold to edit" will override the thread tooltip)

This will also display a tooltip preview for the last post, when the user hovers the mouse on the last post cell in forumdisplay/search (note, this doesn't work for the forum index).

Note: this plugin assumes that you're using the UTF-8 character set everywhere (which MyBB somewhat assumes anyway).

As there are clearly a lot of people who don't read the above, I will say this differently.  This DOES work for moderators and administrators, however you need to hover the mouse on the TABLE CELL for it to appear (not the actual thread link).
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 07:16 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: threadtooltip-1.33.7z (2.65 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.33
Last Updated: 11-11-2014, 07:14 AM

Downloads: 1,955
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: WTFPLv2
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Thread Tooltip Preview
(06-22-2010 06:09 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  What effect does it have on server? Does it make server more busy?
All plugins will add additional load to the server (unless it modifies how MyBB operates to make it work faster).
Having said that, I wouldn't consider the additional load caused by this plugin to be of any significance really, especially since it actually does perform a preparse cache.

My Blog
06-22-2010 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Seems like one of the templates in 1.6 got changed which breaks this, so update to fix it.
Also, change the way whitespace is handled - hopefully it makes things a little nicer (will need to rebuild the cache to see this effect).

My Blog
07-14-2010 10:01 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Thank you very much for the update, Yumi Smile

07-15-2010 05:37 AM
Shemo Offline
correct me if I'm wrong, but this does not work if you're an admin, correct?

at least on my forum, it's not showing a tooltip, but as a guest it does.
08-16-2010 06:32 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
You need to hover the table cell to view the tooltip if you are viewing as admin, not the thread link (thread title).

08-16-2010 06:38 AM
Shemo Offline
dang..still having errors with the plugin like before.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::parse_message() in /home/.mima/pazrt/pazrt.com/forum/inc/plugins/threadtooltip.php on line 177
08-17-2010 04:48 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Based on what Yumi's reply in this post, http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=267&pid=14 maybe there is a conflict with other plugin? Maybe you need to track it like what Yumi said in that post? Personally, I never found the problem.

08-17-2010 06:07 AM
Shemo Offline
(08-17-2010 06:07 AM)RateU Wrote:  Based on what Yumi's reply in this post, http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=267&pid=14 maybe there is a conflict with other plugin? Maybe you need to track it like what Yumi said in that post? Personally, I never found the problem.

yeah, I know..too many plugins on my forum at the moment to try to 'track' down the problem with 1 plugin unfortunately.
08-17-2010 06:18 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Unfortunately, I can't help you. I think you need to wait Yumi to reply. I'm really sorry, Shemo.

08-17-2010 06:38 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I can't do much either.  You're going to have to see which plugin is causing the conflict.

That's the price you pay for running so many...

My Blog
08-17-2010 07:14 AM