Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Thread Descriptions
RocketFoot Offline
RE: Thread Descriptions
(12-18-2010 01:06 AM)leefish Wrote:  Yes, I am using it on THIS forum

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forum-53.html

Site is SUPER slow at the moment - have complained to host but meh.

Looks good!  I might give it a try.

[Image: gallery_2_628_39582.jpg]
12-18-2010 01:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RocketFoot Offline
Done...LOL!

How hard would it be to make the new thread description a link to the thread (the same as the topic subject is)??  I think this would be a nice touch.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 01:53 AM by RocketFoot.)
12-18-2010 01:53 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I would guess use thread description the same way you would use a language variable. I shall try it.

Hmmm....

HTML Code
<br />
<a href="{$thread['threadlink']}"><span class="smalltext"><em>{$GLOBALS['threadfields']['fdesc']}</em></span></a>
<br class="clear" />

That gave a linked thread description.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 02:33 AM by leefish.)
12-18-2010 02:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RocketFoot Offline
Nice work!  I'll give it a try, but now I'm undecided if I should link the description or not!  It does look nice with the description separating the subject title and the poster's username!  decisions, decisions!  Yipi
Hmmm....I just  noticed something.  In my Youtube Video gallery and my Links Gallery, the thread desc field is out of order.  How can I move the field up on just those two forums?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 03:10 AM by RocketFoot.)
12-18-2010 03:01 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
either make a new threads/edit post template, or give the threaddescription field a lower number than those two fields so it shows first.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
12-18-2010 03:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RocketFoot Offline
Awesome!  I just changed the reorder sequences and I'm in good shape now!  One of these days, I may learn all the secrets of Zinga's Magic!  (But probably not in the near future!  LOL)

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 03:33 AM by RocketFoot.)
12-18-2010 03:33 AM
Hyperspace Offline
Has anyone using thread description upgraded to MyBB 1.65? I have a odd problem ever since I upgraded. On every theme the thread description shows up twice. I checked the forumdisplay_thread and search_results_threads_thread templates and I discovered the upgraded listed the {$threadfields['desc']} twice for some reason. I deleted the second reference from all the templates but when you go to post a thread it still shows thread description twice. I then deleted the custom field thread from Xthreads and posting new threads still shows thread descriptions twice but if you try to post something in those fields it won't post them.

I tried creating thread descriptions all over again and it still shows it twice but only one field will post. It's like the second field is a ghost or something. I'm baffled what's wrong and all I know it has something to do with the MyBB 1.65 upgrade.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?
11-29-2011 04:34 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Do you have other custom thread fields applied to your forum?
If so, does it happen to the other custom thread fields too?

I can't reproduce it. I've tried installing MyBB 1.6.5, then create the Thread Descriptions (and some threads).
And I've tried installing MyBB 1.6.4, create the Thread Descriptions (and some threads), then upgrade to MyBB 1.6.5. Still, I can't reproduce it.

11-30-2011 02:23 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(11-29-2011 04:34 PM)Hyperspace Wrote:  I then deleted the custom field thread from Xthreads and posting new threads still shows thread descriptions twice but if you try to post something in those fields it won't post them.
Wait, how do you post something in a field if it's been deleted?

My Blog
11-30-2011 09:04 AM
Hyperspace Offline
I discovered the problem was my fault. When I upgraded to 1.65 I turned off all my plugins and then after the upgrade I turned them all back on. By accident I turned on one plugin that was suppose to be off. I use to use the thread description plugin until I started using Xthreads. So turning on that old plugin was why thread descriptions were showing up twice for me.
11-30-2011 10:41 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools