XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2306)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,335
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: XThreads
Those options don't exist unfortunately.
Shouldn't be hard to edit if you want though, open up inc/xthreads/xt_forumdhooks.php, find:

PHP Code:
$enabled_xtf = array('uid','icon','lastposteruid');

and add any columns that you wish to add.

My Blog
07-10-2013 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seabody Offline
Cool, that works. Thanks. Smile
07-10-2013 07:23 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(07-07-2013 03:31 PM)leefish Wrote:  Is XThreads likely to be compatible with the upcoming 1.8? I did try a test install on my localhost using the feature code available from the Github repo and though the admin area (adding threadfields, forum controls) seemed to work and show thread is fine forumdisplay gave an error message.
If you ever read this, what error did you get?
I just did a very quick test of the current 1.8 code, and didn't notice such an issue on forumdisplay.  The only thing I did try out was seeing of a basic text thread field displayed.  So haven't tested any of the fancy forumdisplay stuff yet.

Only issues with 1.8 I've noticed so far are Javascript related (which was expected), and some template issues (somewhat to be expected).

My Blog
07-14-2013 09:42 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I uninstalled - I will reinstall and come back with some concrete input, but for now, here is what I recall. I had set up a simple gallery (based on the one in the examples here) and on forumdisplay it gave an error regarding line5.

Reinstalled:

Error code:

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in C:\xampp\htdocs\mybb18\forumdisplay.php(1232) : eval()'d code on line 5

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in C:\xampp\htdocs\mybb18\forumdisplay.php(1232) : eval()'d code on line 5

Installed plugins are xThreads and Template Conditionals...

and there is the error. I usually use php in templates and so of course my imported template with php in the template threw the error.

Please ignore me regarding this "Bug" Frown

So far, using correct coding, XThreads appears to work on 1.8. My apologies for wasting your time.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 07:52 PM by leefish.)
07-16-2013 07:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Thanks for trying that out again and getting back to me Smile

My Blog
07-17-2013 11:31 AM
WINBOY Offline
i had installed 1.53 and for upgrade please tell me.
there is no option for upgrade in my admin panel plugins.
have i to upload all files with replace old file? will replacing file interfere with already uploaded attachments?
07-26-2013 12:19 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Are you sure that the new files uploaded in correct dir? For example, your admin dir (XThreads package assumes that your admin dir is admin).

07-26-2013 12:59 AM
WINBOY Offline
ya..admin dir is admin..please solve my problems.i am facing many problem as you know. i have given credentials pls check.
07-26-2013 01:26 AM
WINBOY Offline
i am getting below error.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/medis4yz/public_html/inc/xthreads/xt_admin.php on line 626 and not able to see admin cp..
please help'
itb occur afret overwrite old file with new.
Now my forum is not open..medishared.org..please help me.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 03:48 AM by WINBOY.)
07-26-2013 03:26 AM
WINBOY Offline
I Have uninstall fron cpanel..let me try again to reinstall
07-26-2013 04:41 AM