XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2294)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,327
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
bogdan Offline
RE: XThreads
Just a small bug in 1.52, I don't know if it was reported yet (if so, please excuse me).
For textarea (Multiline Textbox) the Field Input Width is ignored.
File xt_updatehooks.php, line 755. In this line $vars['WIDTH_PROP_SIZE'] should be $vars['WIDTH_PROP_COLS'] for the setting to work.
05-08-2012 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
@Sama34: I think that logic may be a little too complex - you're probably better off writing a plugin for that...

@bogdan: Many thanks for finding that!

My Blog
05-09-2012 10:40 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Updated to v1.53:
  • set default timezone in xthreads_attach.php if not set - PHP 5.3 may require it (thanks to Yin for finding)
  • fix textarea field width not having any effect (thanks to bogdan for reporting)
  • fix bad data type setting for non-text select/radio inputs (thanks to RateU for finding)
  • fix incorrect TABINDEX variable in default option button HTML code (thanks to RateU for finding)
  • slightly change the auto-detection for xtattachment URL type

My Blog
05-10-2012 11:46 AM
Sama34 Offline
(05-09-2012 10:40 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  @Sama34: I think that logic may be a little too complex - you're probably better off writing a plugin for that...

@bogdan: Many thanks for finding that!

Yes I though so, was going to delete my post (I write them down before commenting) but well, I loss nothing for the comment.

Maybe something simpler, like hiding X field if Y field is not selected (for example, hide the download category if no file has been selected).

Also, can you explain how to get threadfields from another file?

I want to get fields of thread (which ID is, say, 15) that is inside forum with ID 3.

Thanks for the update BTW.

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 01:57 PM by Sama34.)
05-10-2012 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
You can code that JS into the template yourself.

You pull thread fields simply by querying the threadfields_data table.

My Blog
05-10-2012 03:38 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Thank you very much for the update, Yumi.

05-11-2012 03:24 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
You are adding updates faster than I can install them. Just want to say - thank you. The MyBB forum software would be much less attractive and fun to modify without this plugin which you have developed and released to us all for free.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2012 11:29 AM by leefish.)
05-12-2012 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sama34 Offline
Just wondering, will settings overwrite work in the ajax file? A quick look at the code tells me it only loads when the global.php file is included.

Probably should think about an example here...

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 06:54 PM by Sama34.)
08-03-2012 06:50 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
From memory XThreads won't do it in xmlhttp.php

My Blog
08-04-2012 08:45 AM
shep100uk Offline
i cant get this to show in specified forum
08-07-2012 06:12 AM