XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2297)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,327
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
avril Offline
RE: XThreads
meanwhile i got different idea for #9 but anyway ill closed #8 and #9
Thanks for your reply at github, ZiNgA BuRgA.
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 09:35 PM by avril.)
04-22-2013 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
May as well release an update to fix a long standing bug...
v1.63:
- fix bug when creating/modifying an image file field that has no thumbnails specified (thanks to brad-t for finding)

My Blog
05-08-2013 08:56 PM
terzier Offline
thanks for new release, Yumi Yes

Un-Official MyBB from Indonesia| Facebook Page|Twitter
GARUDA DIDADA KU
05-09-2013 02:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Senya Offline
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the latest update. I uploaded the new files and overwrote the old ones. In the admin CP I was told the following: "You have uploaded a newer version of XThreads, v1.63, however the version currently installed is v1.62. You may need to perform an upgrade for your board to be functional - to perform an upgrade, please click here."

So I clicked on "here" and received: "XThreads successfully upgraded."

So far everything seemed to be ok, but after every reload I'm told again to perform the upgrade no matter how often I did it before.

I've tried deactivating and reactivating, I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I even kicked all the XThreads files out of the FTP and reuploaded everything but I still have the same problem.

I had downloaded the plugin a while ago but I didn't really use it so I can't tell you if it worked correctly before the update.

Do you have any suggestions?
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 06:05 AM by Senya.)
05-30-2013 06:04 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Make sure you've got correct writable permissions, in particular, all files in the cache/ directory should be writable by the webserver.

My Blog
05-30-2013 09:31 AM
Senya Offline
Erf Silly me... i gave the rights to the folder but the files had the wrong rights... thanks a lot! Biggrin
05-30-2013 02:59 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
XThreads and MyBB1.8

Is XThreads likely to be compatible with the upcoming 1.8? I did try a test install on my localhost using the feature code available from the Github repo and though the admin area (adding threadfields, forum controls) seemed to work and show thread is fine forumdisplay gave an error message.

I realise that until the code is released there is not a great deal you can work with (if the code keeps changing it is a waste of your time) but I just thought I would ask if you planned to support XThreads for 1.8 installs.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
07-07-2013 03:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
I generally don't mind making fixes for development versions so much, as long as it's not difficult.
I haven't seen the changes in the current dev 1.8, but from memory, the main announced thing would be jQuery replacing Prototype (which is a client side thing and doesn't really affect XThreads much).

XThreads does go beyond the scope of the MyBB plugin interface, so it's expected that changes would break something.  Maybe I'll take a look at it some day.

My Blog
07-07-2013 05:03 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Thank you, that is good to hear. I am not very skilled at php, but it does seem something is changed in the forumdisplay code of 1.8, perhaps the position of the hook? I saw in your XThreads code comments that you thought the hook was in a funny place; maybe they moved it.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
07-07-2013 05:25 PM
Seabody Offline
ZiNgA, is it possible to filter by whether the thread is stuck, or if it is closed?

I'd assume that it's filterxt_closed and filterxt_stuck, but I'm not sure.
07-09-2013 07:28 PM