XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2294)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,326
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: XThreads
Hmm, okay, if you do happen to figure out how to do it again, please tell how Smile

My Blog
05-05-2010 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
Hi
I am using X threads on my forum and I was looking around on this forum for some more information on the logic around customising the WOL fields.

At the moment all my users are showing up on the Main Index. I found some snippets in the Gallery Thread so I have some links working/showing now. I saw that in the MyGallery Demo thread you used some variables like this:

<a href="{1}">{2}</a>

and I wondered if there was a plan to make a thread about how to use those variables? I could not find a thread about that aspect of x threads, but the forum customisation options are just one of the many things I like about this plugin, I just would like my users to be able to see where other users are browsing - especially my downloads forum..

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2010 10:03 AM by leefish.)
05-12-2010 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
It's the same as MyBB's language files.
If you go to AdminCP -> Configuration -> Languages -> [edit your language] -> online.lang.php, you'll see what the XThreads option does hopefully.

Hope that helps.

My Blog
05-12-2010 11:27 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Thank you very much - I worked it out from there. Excellent.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
05-12-2010 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline
WOAH.. Just got done looking at this plugin a bit closer! Incredible. Very well done Zinga!

Thank you..

May have to set up a test site and play around with this one a bit.
05-16-2010 08:44 AM
wnd Offline
OK, now I have a new question...

Looking at one of the options for a custom thread field:
Quote:Allow Filtering
Allows users to filter threads using this thread field in forumdisplay. This does not affect templates, so you need to make appropriate changes to make this option useful. The URL is based on the filtertf_key variable. For example, forumdisplay.php?fid=2&filtertf_status=Resolved will only show threads with the thread field "status" having a value of "Resolved". Note, multiple filters are allowed, and you can also specify an array of values for a single field. Also note, if this field allows multiple values, filtering can be rather slow and increase server load by a fair bit.

As I've highlighted above, it says that you can filter with multiple values for one field. My question is, how do you do so? I've been trying to figure out with no success.

And again, great plugin... developed a nice little "application" with it...
05-17-2010 05:30 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Thanks.
Here's an example

Code:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25&filtertf_prefix[]=Label A&filtertf_prefix[]=Label B

Basically, if you specify an array, it does an OR operation, as opposed to an AND.

My Blog
05-17-2010 12:47 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Updated to v1.10.
To upgrade, follow the upgrade instructions in the first post.

Changes:
  • add "Viewable Usergroups" option to custom thread fields, where you can select user groups who cannot view the value of the field.  Also add "Unviewable Value" which is what will be displayed to users in groups which cannot view the value (thanks to RateU for the suggestion)
  • integration with Quick Thread plugin - it will only display required fields in the quick thread box; also, it might look a little odd - you might want to edit the Quick Thread template if you feel that way.
  • suppress warning generated by PHP in safemode with cURL (thanks to Pirata Nervo for pointing it out)
  • re-word "Only accept uploaded images" label in the AdminCP, as it may lead admins to believe that it disables URL fetching when it doesn't (thanks for comment by Pirata Nervo)
  • added ability to specify current thread/forum URLs in custom thread field's display values; use {$threadurl$}, {$forumurl$}, {$threadurl?} or {$forumurl?} - this calls MyBB's internal URL functions, so will work with both SEO enabled and disabled, as well as the Google SEO modification.  The '?' variant is for use if you wish to append arguments to URLs.
  • modify language vars corresponding to the above, and also add info about variables being accepted in some inputs.
  • add clarification to custom WOL text for forums (language file edit) (thanks to leefish for the comment)
  • add warning about 2GB size limit per file for XThreads' attachments if 32-bit PHP is being used
  • prevent a critical error from occurring if a thumbnail for a field doesn't exist
  • fix cURL early termination for attachment URL fetching (untested)
  • fix an url handling bug in the AdminCP
  • update compatibility specification to work on MyBB 1.5x
  • other minor fixes and tweaks

Hmm, might need to update some guides which use something like <a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid}&amp;filtertf_prefix={VALUE}"> to the more proper <a href="{$forumurl?}filtertf_prefix={VALUE}">

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2010 09:51 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
05-26-2010 01:39 PM
Pirata Nervo Offline
Thank you for the update zinga, I'm upgrading right now
05-26-2010 11:10 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Wow.. We have new features! Thank you very much, Yumi. Amazing!50star.GIF
Ah, and the compatibility with Quick Thread plugin, I really love it!

Yes, I have edited my XThreads example threads in XThreads Forum to make it "compatible" with the new features and the new filtering URL Smile

Thank you very much, Yumi.

05-27-2010 08:14 AM