XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2297)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,327
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: XThreads
I don't think reinstalling will make a difference here.  It's likely either something Javascript related on the edit page, or something is messing up with the hooking or save routine for custom mod tools.

If you want to try debugging it, try looking at the xthreads_admin_modtool_commit function in inc/xthreads/xt_admin.php
The function basically takes the input and puts it into the database - something's probably breaking there.

Thanks for the info BTW.

My Blog
02-09-2015 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seabody Offline
You'll have to forgive me for some conjecture here (I'm not on my dev machine, nor will I be able to for the next day or so) but it looks to me that, at least in the version on GitHub, the function xthreads_admin_modtool_commit is trying to add to a field that doesn't exist (edit_threadfields --> I can't see this being added in the install function) in the modtools table. As I say I can't check my actual install because I'm not on that computer.
02-10-2015 06:56 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
The modtools.threadoptions field is a serialized array of a number of things, including edit_threadfields, so it doesn't require a new field.
But thanks for taking a look anyway.

My Blog
02-11-2015 09:39 AM
nier3 Offline
Hi, I have upgraded to 1.8.4 and when I try to open a thread I have error:

Quote:Fatal error: Declaration of _objcont_2::fetch_array() must be compatible with DB_Base::fetch_array($query, $resulttype = MYSQL_ASSOC) in /mysite/public/forum/inc/plugins/xthreads.php(881) : eval()'d code on line 25

How can I fix it? Frown

XTHREADS_VERSION 1.64 (I used that from development github)

The problem is only on showthreads with Xthreads things (I have 1 image, data of expiration, 2 links). I can look forumdisplays without problems, also if on forumdisplay I have always an Xthreads image, but I can't read showthreads.

EDIT: Probably it's a problem of "Show first post on every showthread page", I set it on "No" and at least showthread now I can look Biggrin
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 11:54 AM by nier3.)
02-17-2015 10:49 AM
jason07 Offline
When i visit Who's Online i get this error.

Fatal error: Declaration of _objcont_1::fetch_array() must be compatible with DB_Base::fetch_array($query, $resulttype = 1) in /home/generalc/public_html/inc/plugins/xthreads.php(881) : eval()'d code on line 30

Plus this error when i visit the threads,

Fatal error: Declaration of _objcont_2::fetch_array() must be compatible with DB_Base::fetch_array($query, $resulttype = 1) in /home/generalc/public_html/inc/plugins/xthreads.php(881) : eval()'d code on line 25
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 11:33 PM by jason07.)
02-17-2015 11:30 PM
euantor Offline
Looks like an issue with one of the calls to control_object(). In MyBB 1.8, we added a second parameter to DB_MySQL::fetch_array() which adds a second parameter. The code hasn't been updated to reflect that change. In 1.8.4, all database classes implement an interface which enforces this contract.

I have opened a pull request for this change here: https://github.com/MyBBStuff/XThreads-My...https://github.com/MyBBStuff/XThreads-MyBB-Plu
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 06:33 AM by euantor.)
02-18-2015 06:30 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Same fix needed here Euan ?  https://github.com/leefish/XThreads-MyBB...https://github.com/leefish/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin/blob/master/Upload/inc/xthreads/xt_sthreadhook  ?

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
02-18-2015 06:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
euantor Offline
Yep, missed that one. I'll modify my PR. I just did a find in files and didn't see that one appear in the results Frown

EDIT: Updated
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 08:22 AM by euantor.)
02-18-2015 08:20 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Thanks for bug reports & fix!

Updated to v1.65:
  • fix fatal error when downloading xtattachments (thanks to Shemo for reporting)
  • fix forumdisplay sorter links when Google SEO URL is enabled and a threadfield filter is being used
  • fix compatibility problem with MyBB 1.8.4 (thanks to all who found the problem and helped with the fix)
  • add ability to get raw/unsanitized value of a thread field via $threadfields_x['...']['raw_value']

My Blog
02-18-2015 07:36 PM
jason07 Offline
(02-18-2015 07:36 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Thanks for bug reports & fix!

Updated to v1.65:
  • fix fatal error when downloading xtattachments (thanks to Shemo for reporting)
  • fix forumdisplay sorter links when Google SEO URL is enabled and a threadfield filter is being used
  • fix compatibility problem with MyBB 1.8.4 (thanks to all who found the problem and helped with the fix)
  • add ability to get raw/unsanitized value of a thread field via $threadfields_x['...']['raw_value']

You are the best! Thanks a lot for the quick fix and everything is smooth and normal Yipi
02-18-2015 10:56 PM