XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2294)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,327
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
tempo Offline
RE: XThreads
i'm sorry if my question is simple but i want to ask:

can i use custom fields only into a first post of a thread or into any post?

for example there is the first post and i want to Reply.....can i use custom fields into my Reply post or not?

thanks
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 05:39 AM by tempo.)
05-03-2016 05:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wally Offline
Hey Yumi, I want to restrict users from filling an XThread field with the same value more than once.

The reason being, I run a promotion community for YouTubers with the YouTube Video Gallery Xthreads application,  and a few users create new threads and spam the same video more than once.

http://sharree.com

Possible?
05-06-2016 12:58 PM
tempo Offline
hi, suppose there is the forum (id=1) and into this forum there are 3 threads (thread id=2, thread id=3, thread id=4).

Every thread has a image (using custom field). This image is visible into the forumdisplay.php for every thread.

Is it possible to use the images (from the 3 threads) into the forum's category list?
05-08-2016 02:10 AM
MrBrechreiz Offline
What do you mean exactly? All three pictures in the forums category include?
05-08-2016 02:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tempo Offline
there is forum1 with 3 threads (every thread has one icon - mickey,goofy,pluto)

i want the three icons into the forum category page

please see attachments....Wink

05-08-2016 02:59 AM
webbox Offline
(12-25-2015 12:46 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Updated to v1.68:
  • fix showthread WOL text not working on MyBB 1.8 (thanks to RateU for reporting)
  • fix a case of data loss when editing thread and no threadfield data was changed
  • PHP 7 compatibility fixes

This isn't working on MyBB 1.8.7 Erf
05-23-2016 11:29 AM
tempo Offline
(05-06-2016 12:58 PM)Wally Wrote:  Hey Yumi, I want to restrict users from filling an XThread field with the same value more than once.

The reason being, I run a promotion community for YouTubers with the YouTube Video Gallery Xthreads application,  and a few users create new threads and spam the same video more than once.

http://sharree.com

Possible?

hi, i really like your's home page.....the "Recommended Videos"

can you explain the way that you create this video wall? I want to create something similar using a image custom field for every thread.
06-10-2016 01:01 AM
Wally Offline
^ You need basic HTML and CSS knowledge
06-12-2016 05:35 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(05-03-2016 05:17 AM)tempo Wrote:  can i use custom fields only into a first post of a thread or into any post?
Only works for threads, not posts (though first post is generally considered to be the thread).

(05-08-2016 02:10 AM)tempo Wrote:  Is it possible to use the images (from the 3 threads) into the forum's category list?
Erm, edit the forum's description and add in the necessary HTML?
If you want it to dynamically update based on the latest topics, then this functionality is quite custom and you'll need a custom modification for it.

(05-23-2016 11:29 AM)webbox Wrote:  This isn't working on MyBB 1.8.7 Erf
I'll take a look at that sometime.  Thanks for the report.

My Blog
06-22-2016 05:29 PM
omnibombulator Offline
Apologies if this has already been asked, but I'm having a problem with File Uploads.

It seems that users aren't able to update their files with URLs anymore, the site straight up refuses to update them. However, uploading the file directly works fine. This used to work, but now it's not.

Is this a problem with XThreads, or something on my end?
07-16-2016 08:25 PM