XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2297)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,327
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: XThreads
I presume that means you're not getting any errors either?
Do you know whether URL avatars work fine?

It's hard to tell if no errors get displayed.  Only way I know to diagnose the issue is to manually trace through the code to see where it's breaking down, unfortunately.

My Blog
07-16-2016 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seabody Offline
Hey ZiNgA, when I try to create a category, I get the error "1364 - Field 'xthreads_tplprefix' doesn't have a default value". I tried setting it leaving "Template Prefix" blank, and giving it a value - neither worked. :-(
08-29-2016 07:49 PM
Patrick_ Offline
It's been a long time since I've upgraded anything in my forum, and I think that I should start with your plugin. I'm on MyBB 1.6.10 with XThreads v1.47 on PHP 5.5.34. I'm preparing an upgrade to PHP 7, and MyBB 1.8, because 1.6 doesn't seem to be compatible.

Can I just upload v1.68 to my server or should I upgrade one by one?
09-07-2016 07:47 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(08-29-2016 07:49 PM)Seabody Wrote:  Hey ZiNgA, when I try to create a category, I get the error "1364 - Field 'xthreads_tplprefix' doesn't have a default value". I tried setting it leaving "Template Prefix" blank, and giving it a value - neither worked. :-(
Need more info on how to reproduce issue.
Is MySQL running in strict mode?  Disable that if it is.

(09-07-2016 07:47 AM)Patrick_ Wrote:  Can I just upload v1.68 to my server or should I upgrade one by one?
I don't understand the 'one by one' part at all, but no-one can stop you uploading v1.68 to your server.

My Blog
09-11-2016 06:38 PM
isoka Offline
is possible to show post on reverse order?
i mean is there a way to reverse the order of replies to a post, to show newest reply first.

Somethink like:

First post
4°post
3°post
2°post
11-16-2016 03:31 AM
tartut Offline
Hi,

I changed PHP 5.3 to 5.4 and I have a problem. I install XThreads and errors appear:

When I try activate plugin:
Quote:The XThreads settings file (cache/xthreads.php) is missing or corrupted!  If you have modified this file, please revert the changes and try again, or if you have a backup copy of this file, please upload it.  Otherwise, it is possible to try to regenerate the file if the version installed is v1.68 - if this is the case, please click here to try to regenerate the file.

I click in link and regenerate file. But in Admin Panel I don't see Custom Thread Fields.

What can i do?
12-18-2016 07:08 PM
nier3 Offline
Someone is using xThreads 1.68 with MyBB 1.8.10? It works?
Thank you in advance
01-18-2017 04:43 AM
eldenroot Offline
Guys, when I activate XThreads -> all cached templates are loaded manually all the time so caching is disable. Moreover, there must be  some conflict in JS - https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor/issues/15 - is there any way how to fix these two issues, at least caching templates?
03-19-2017 09:10 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(11-16-2016 03:31 AM)isoka Wrote:  is possible to show post on reverse order?
XThreads doesn't have this functionality unfortunately.
Changing post order in MyBB actually might not be a simple thing, and I haven't seen anyone attempt it so far...

(12-18-2016 07:08 PM)tartut Wrote:  I changed PHP 5.3 to 5.4 and I have a problem. I install XThreads and errors appear:
[...]
I click in link and regenerate file. But in Admin Panel I don't see Custom Thread Fields.

What can i do?
If this is a fresh install of XThreads, you can just try removing everything and starting fresh (remember to delete the specified cache file in cache/xthreads.php).
Otherwise, do you have a cache/xthreads.php file?  If so, try backing it up and deleting it from the server and see if regeneration works.

(01-18-2017 04:43 AM)nier3 Wrote:  Someone is using xThreads 1.68 with MyBB 1.8.10? It works?
Well, have you tried?

(03-19-2017 09:10 PM)eldenroot Wrote:  Guys, when I activate XThreads -> all cached templates are loaded manually all the time so caching is disable. Moreover, there must be  some conflict in JS - https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor/issues/15 - is there any way how to fix these two issues, at least caching templates?
Can you give more details on what exactly you do, from a fresh install of MyBB/XThreads, to get that (including what page it occurs on and what settings you're using (eg template prefix?))?  I've tried (admittedly not much) but can't seem to reproduce your issue.
I may look at the editor plugin conflict later.
Edit: are you basing the claim off the "No. Templates Used" value in the debug page?  If so, that value is actually incorrect, but it's only an aesthetic thing.  I'll fix that up.

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 04:31 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
04-02-2017 03:28 PM
eldenroot Offline
Thank you, issues solved (I use your latest updated GitHub version). Amazing plugin, amazing support!
04-04-2017 12:52 AM