XThreads
My Spiel
XThreads is one of my larger plugins which I have been working on for a while.  Originally planned to release it inline with MyBB 1.6, but who knows when that'll be out.  It perhaps doesn't include everything I wanted it to, but does have most of the things (plus I want to move onto other projects).

What does it do?
Take a look at RateU's forum for some nice ideas of what it can do.  I also have some more basic examples here of what can be done with XThreads.  I'm pretty sure there are many other applications of this plugin, but those examples just give you some simple ideas.

The basic idea is giving you the ability to define custom fields for your threads, and providing methods to give you a lot of flexibility with customising forums.

Warning: I'm not going to bother with "beta" labels and so on.  I've done some testing on this myself, but it's by no means extensive.  Use this at your own risk.

Installation Instructions: standard installation procedures apply - you can find them in the announcement here.
You may need to CHMOD the uploads/xthreads_ul/ folder to 0777 after uploading the files (probably won't though).

Upgrade Instructions: unless stated otherwise, the general procedure for upgrades is to simply upload the new files, then visit your AdminCP.  In there, you'll be presented with a notice to run the upgrade - just follow what it says from there on.

Usage Instructions: this is a complex plugin, and unfortunately, you're probably going to have to figure this out yourself, depending on what you want to achieve with this plugin.  HTML and CSS knowledge is strongly recommended; you should also be familiar with MyBB's template system.  Some demonstrations can be found here - hopefully these will give you a good idea of how things work.  I suggest looking at the thread descriptions example, as this is fairly easy to understand (IMO).  If you can understand how everything works, there, perhaps try out the gallery example.

Known conflicting plugins
- MyPlaza Turbo -
If you are using MyPlaza Turbo, note that the author decided to use a particularly odd method to implement certain functionality, practically destroying compatibility with any plugin which hooks into the forum add/edit routines.  I've included a patch to address this issue - you need to replace inc/myplaza/myplaza_admin_plugin.php with the following file (it's unlikely that this will be committed as the author has decided to discontinue development)

.php  myplaza_admin_plugin.php (Size: 56.27 KB / Downloads: 2306)

- PL9 Forum Icons -
Affects certain functionality.  See here for a solution.

- PHP in Templates, v1.4 or older -
Similar to PL9 Forum Icons - solution is just to update to the latest version.

- MyAdvertisements - (update: older versions only, later versions may not conflict)
Affects some thread functionality, see here for a solution.

- Group Post CSS -
See here http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=378&pid=59

All bug reports, suggestions, criticisms are appreciated (though I may not always implement suggestions) so please feel free to post them.
If you find this plugin useful, I would be grateful if you could give some token of appreciation for the work that has gone into this, and perhaps post some example usages you've come up with in the XThreads forum to help others get an idea of what can be achieve with this plugin (and for my own interest's sake Tongue).

Github: https://github.com/zingaburga/XThreads-MyBB-Plugin
Note: do NOT use the Github version, unless you know what you're doing
Changelogs: v1.10, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.26, v1.27, v1.30, v1.31, v1.32, v1.337, v1.40, v1.41, v1.42, v1.43, v1.44, v1.45, v1.46, v1.47, v1.50, v1.51, v1.52, v1.53, v1.60, v1.61, v1.62, v1.63, v1.64, v1.65, v1.66, v1.67, v1.68
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 12:46 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: xthreads-1.68.7z (114.53 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.68
Last Updated: 12-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Downloads: 8,335
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x
Plugin License: GPLv3
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
RateU Offline
Administrator
RE: XThreads
Try to upgrade your PHP In Template plugin to the newest version?

04-17-2011 02:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gypaete Offline
OH, Thanks you  RateU. and am sorry because my questions

[Image: selenab.png]
04-17-2011 02:31 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
(04-17-2011 02:31 AM)Gypaete Wrote:  and am sorry because my questions

No, no, no. It's OK, Gypaete Smile

Glad you can solve your problem Smile

04-17-2011 02:46 AM
Gypaete Offline
Up Xthreads!

[Image: selenab.png]
04-17-2011 08:25 PM
jim7777 Offline
oh i have a little, sneaky bug

when a thread field is required (Multiline Textbox) and the user doesn't specified anything on it, of course an error will appear saying that field is required BUT the field will be filled with the word Array and ofc, some users will just hit the post thread again, they don't mind that, wherein ending up with Array as that field's value

is that normal?? its getting weird Frown
04-18-2011 03:50 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
No it shouldn't be doing that.  I haven't been able to do it but I don't doubt you.
Would you mind posting all the settings/options of the threadfield you're referring to?
Thanks.

My Blog
04-18-2011 04:17 PM
jim7777 Offline
well it applies to all my threadfields with Multiline Textbox in thread thread inputs D:

well here is the setting of one of the multiline textbox

Title: Importing the Model
Key: modfd_impt
Description: Add some informations on how to import the model such as the texture paths. One per line.
Applicable Forums: ofcourse more than one forums Smile
Input Field Type: Multiline Textbox
Max Text Length: 0
Field Input Width: 40
Field Input Height: 5
Editable by: Everyone (required)
Display Parsing: Plain Text with newlines
Display Order: 5
---
Blank Replacement Value: N/A
Default Value: N/A
Display Format: {VALUE}
Allow multiple values for this field: Yes
Multiple Value Delimiter *: <br/>
Display Item Format: {VALUE}
Text Mask Filter: Anything

AND the rest is blank/none selected Biggrin
they are just the same, only the key/title/desc is different
edit:
oh and the other multiline box isn't required

currently, i have 2 multiline textbox threadfield in some specific forums which the problem counts in, where one of those has this setting, and the other one isn't Required to have a value and that field which doesn't require a value comes first before the said field above
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2011 08:20 PM by jim7777.)
04-21-2011 08:14 PM
jim7777 Offline
sorry if i'm kinda double post but can I suggest if xthreads will also be cache ?? like including in your preparser cache or mybb's cache system, adding it to the cache folder Biggrin
i just want to cache images, since big images seems to takes time to download D: and according to google's page speed plugin, it is cache only by 1 second D:

is that possible?
04-25-2011 09:43 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Sorry for the late reply.  I've been away for a while.
And thanks for all the details.  I've managed to reproduce the issue and I'll take a look at it.

(04-25-2011 09:43 PM)jim7777 Wrote:  can I suggest if xthreads will also be cache ?? like including in your preparser cache or mybb's cache system, adding it to the cache folder Biggrin
i just want to cache images, since big images seems to takes time to download D: and according to google's page speed plugin, it is cache only by 1 second D:

is that possible?
I'm not sure they're exactly the same thing.  Preparser cache is a server side cache, whereas Google's page speed plugin is probably looking at client caching.  XThreads' attachments should be properly cached, though I'm not sure what the "big images" are from (if they are externally linked, then XThreads doesn't have any control over them).
Would you be able to emphasise a bit more on these big images?
Thanks.

EDIT: okay, I think this should be able to fix it - could you please confirm?
Replace your inc/xthreads/xt_updatehooks.php with the following
Thanks again for finding and reporting the bug Smile

Attached File(s)
.php  xt_updatehooks.php (Size: 53.23 KB / Downloads: 353)

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2011 10:08 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
04-25-2011 09:54 PM
jim7777 Offline
(04-25-2011 09:54 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  I'm not sure they're exactly the same thing.  Preparser cache is a server side cache, whereas Google's page speed plugin is probably looking at client caching.  XThreads' attachments should be properly cached, though I'm not sure what the "big images" are from (if they are externally linked, then XThreads doesn't have any control over them).
Would you be able to emphasise a bit more on these big images?
Thanks.
those images that are uploaded via xthreads (the file upload type which only allows images)
gonna test that one

EDIT:
that file fixed the Array problem Biggrin
oh 1 question, if a thread is deleted, is the Xthread files included in that thread will be deleted too??
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2011 02:14 PM by jim7777.)
04-28-2011 02:09 PM