Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
 YouTube Video Gallery
Zenk Offline
RE: YouTube Video Gallery
Unfortunately it's still the same. It does add those templates to the main template query, but also queries those two templates additionally.

As you can see in this green bit:
http://i.imgur.com/nEQTh.jpg

I think it's because I have added global_start.
05-29-2012 04:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
$templates->get should never be called in global_start.  Change the hook to global_end

This line makes no sense:

PHP Code:
$plugins->add_hook('global_start', 'xtlatest_videos_run', 'global_end');

My Blog
05-29-2012 08:55 AM
Sama34 Offline
(05-29-2012 08:55 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  $templates->get should never be called in global_start.  Change the hook to global_end

Then you will not be able to use $xtlatest_videos in the footer/header templates. Do you know a way to use global_end and be able to use your variable in footer/header?

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012 01:50 PM by Sama34.)
05-30-2012 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Use str_replace instead

My Blog
05-30-2012 02:23 PM
Sama34 Offline
(05-30-2012 02:23 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Use str_replace instead

mmm, right! xD

Thanks.

Support PM's will be ignored. Yipi
Plugins: Announcement Bars - Custom Reputation - Mark PM As Unread
05-31-2012 02:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alexsubri Offline
I am lost. Can somebody please explain to me how I add this into my forums? I understand HTML/CSS/PHP. But, I am new to MyBB. I have everything installed correctly. I go to "Custom Thread Fields" -> "Add Thread Field" I fill everything in, until I reach Advanced Options. I am stuck there.

Thanks!
06-11-2012 04:45 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
If you want to do that exactly like the example application, you can leave the others settings to default (you don't need to change the settings which is not said there).
For example:
In ytvgalid custom thread field settings, there is no custom setting supplied for Settable Value Permissions setting. So you can leave the settings to default (blank by default).
In ytvgalcat custom thread field settings, there is no custom setting supplied for Display Format setting. So you can leave the settings to default ({VALUE} by default).

If you want to modify the example application as your needs, you can change those settings (maybe you need to know what is each settings for by reading the XThreads Documentation and each settings descriptions, then try it).

06-11-2012 06:38 AM
alexsubri Offline
(06-11-2012 06:38 AM)RateU Wrote:  If you want to do that exactly like the example application, you can leave the others settings to default (you don't need to change the settings which is not said there).
For example:
In ytvgalid custom thread field settings, there is no custom setting supplied for Settable Value Permissions setting. So you can leave the settings to default (blank by default).
In ytvgalcat custom thread field settings, there is no custom setting supplied for Display Format setting. So you can leave the settings to default ({VALUE} by default).

If you want to modify the example application as your needs, you can change those settings (maybe you need to know what is each settings for by reading the XThreads Documentation and each settings descriptions, then try it).

Thanks for replying. But, I am still lost. I will post pictures in order to better understand what I am trying to achieve.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=844]

I don't know what am I doing wrong. I didn't enter any codes because the ones I was using before were incorrect and my thread just stayed the same with no Youtube Video layout.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 11:26 AM by alexsubri.)
06-11-2012 11:20 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Yes, those are correct.
Make sure that Editable by / Required Field? is set to Everyone (required).

As for the layout not showing up, ensure that you have performed all template modifications, including setting the template prefix for the forum.

My Blog
06-11-2012 09:00 PM
alexsubri Offline
Thanks, I'll try again after work...wish me luckWink
06-11-2012 11:07 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools