Oh.. God, Yumi. What happen?

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-68790.html

05-11-2010 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Yumi, What Happen?
Basically what's said in the thread Tongue

In reality, I have actually been considering it for a while, and this is based on a number of reasons, but a disagreement with management policies is what finalised my decision.

My Blog
05-11-2010 08:01 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Argh... I'm too noob to understand what you are saying about the management policies, Yumi Biggrin
Is there any chance that you want to come back, Yumi? Please...
You are one of the very few "GPL Warrior" in MyBB.
C'mon, Yumi... Please....

05-11-2010 08:18 AM
Harry Offline
(05-11-2010 08:01 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Basically what's said in the thread Tongue

In reality, I have actually been considering it for a while, and this is based on a number of reasons, but a disagreement with management policies is what finalised my decision.

Really sucks to see you go. But i understand.

My own thoughts on all this. Sorry if i am off the mark where you are concerned but they are atleast part of my own concerns where MYBB is concerned.

(05-11-2010 08:18 AM)Rateu Wrote:  Argh... I'm too noob to understand what you are saying about the management policies, Yumi Biggrin

If i had to venture a guess the bolded part has a bit to do with why he left.

Rest of post split here
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 07:22 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
05-11-2010 11:29 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(05-11-2010 08:18 AM)Rateu Wrote:  Argh... I'm too noob to understand what you are saying about the management policies, Yumi Biggrin
I'll be around here for a while at least, but I'm just not going to be going to the official forums.
For one, I'm not going to be dropping MyBB as the system my primary forum uses, so I will "support" the software in that way, but I won't be supporting the community, at least not in the foreseeable future.

You may have noticed that I did used to do plugin requests and such, but I have decided to drop these.  I now only really make plugins which I'll be using myself, many of which I may not even make public (it does require effort to code up a pretty admin interface, of which, if I'm writing for myself, I can just do code modifications to save myself some effort).

As for supporting free software, that is something I do, however doing it in the MyBB community seems rather unattractive to me at the moment.  There are plenty of other communities which seem to be much more welcoming of these sorts of things.

As a side note, I've also really started to lose hope in MyBB dev team's ability (primarily the lead developer).  The 1.4.12 PRNG patch was just absurd (reason why 1.4.13 was released fairly soon after) and still is pretty stupid if you ask me.  They totally misunderstood the problem domain IMO.
The fix for the XSS vulnerability is also half assed.  They patched it for new posts, but seem to have completely forgot about fixing the new threads code.
I haven't confirmed this, but if you want to steal someone's post key, just subscribe to a forum they're likely to post in, and then grab the key from the subscription email.
I'd point these out, but honestly, it's sometimes like talking to a brick wall (note, some comments in there were deleted), and responses like these are so stupid I'm not even going to bother wasting my time explaining.
[if you're wondering about the above issue, I did acknowledge it being potentially difficult to fix, and did mention that it really isn't that critical - as such, I don't expect anything really - even admitting that it's a complete waste of time to fix is fine with me, however the comment given is quite something else]

(thus I probably won't be bothering to post there either)

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 07:02 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
05-11-2010 02:24 PM
RateU Offline
Administrator
@Yumi: ....  I need you as a friend, Yumi. Yes, I know (at least that is my opinion) some people feel that they have more power than others. And some people feel whatever they do is always right, and feel they have more knowledge than others. And they do things that will make other people think they are the best. And they will find 1001 reasons to defend themselves, and make other people think what they are doing and talking is right.

.... Again, Yumi. I really need you as a friend...

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2010 08:40 AM by RateU.)
05-12-2010 08:37 AM
Harry Offline
(05-12-2010 08:37 AM)Rateu Wrote:  @Yumi: ....  I need you as a friend, Yumi. Yes, I know (at least that is my opinion) some people feel that they have more power than others. And some people feel whatever they do is always right, and feel they have more knowledge than others. And they do things that will make other people think they are the best. And they will find 1001 reasons to defend themselves, and make other people think what they are doing and talking is right.

Great post. Even though me and him disagree on some stuff i like him alot  and more importantly respect him and would hate to see him go. As said he contributes to the cause and is very friendly unlike a number of others. Had i posted what i did here on the MYBB forums the attacks would have flown and most likely my account banned. Hopefully if any of them are reading this they take a lesson from him on how to interact with people and thus why he has the respect of many including myself. It is all about how you deal with others and or treat them and not what you give etc.

Sorry but some cannot handle control and a very strong case has been made for this for a long time before this happened with yumi. It is a well known FACT about certain peoples attitudes over there. One of the other big reasons people have avoided mybb. Look at all the development sites/forums such as Taz etc. Sorry but some people are better off BEHIND the scenes and not in the public eye and or in a position of power. There is those who just cannot handle it. Not saying they are stupid or anything of the such. Just they are not mature enough to be in such situations. Nothing more. Again the close ties to the owner etc of MYBB is not helping the situation. Friendships can blind people till the bitter end. I learned long ago that in business you have to keep your personal friendships with co-workers to a certain distance and cannot let them avoid the rules. If you do productivity etc goes down and everything becomes a mess because everyone decides hey they don't have to follow the rules and so why should i? Yes call me a prick as i have fired friends and i would do it again. Even though the software is free it is still a product on the market that is trying to attract a share of the market and thus is a business and needs to be treated as such.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 07:09 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
05-12-2010 09:29 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(05-12-2010 08:37 AM)Rateu Wrote:  @Yumi: ....  I need you as a friend, Yumi. Yes, I know (at least that is my opinion) some people feel that they have more power than others. And some people feel whatever they do is always right, and feel they have more knowledge than others. And they do things that will make other people think they are the best. And they will find 1001 reasons to defend themselves, and make other people think what they are doing and talking is right.

Thanks for that Smile

(05-12-2010 09:29 AM)Harry Wrote:  Great post. Even though me and him disagree on some stuff i like him alot  and more importantly respect him and would hate to see him go. As said he contributes to the cause and is very friendly unlike a number of others.
Thanks, though interestingly, it's not exactly what I want.  I don't really care about "PR" or similar, and I am willing to say harsh statements even if they aren't that necessary, though they may express my opinion.  Obviously this doesn't rub well with many people, not that I particularly care...

My Blog
05-12-2010 11:50 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools