Yumi, What Happen?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Yumi, What Happen?
(05-11-2010 08:18 AM)Rateu Wrote:  Argh... I'm too noob to understand what you are saying about the management policies, Yumi Biggrin
Is there any chance that you want to come back, Yumi? Please...
You are one of the very few "GPL Warrior" in MyBB.
C'mon, Yumi... Please....
I'll be around here for a while at least, but I'm just not going to be going to the official forums.
For one, I'm not going to be dropping MyBB as the system my primary forum uses, so I will "support" the software in that way, but I won't be supporting the community, at least not in the foreseeable future.

You may have noticed that I did used to do plugin requests and such, but I have decided to drop these.  I now only really make plugins which I'll be using myself, many of which I may not even make public (it does require effort to code up a pretty admin interface, of which, if I'm writing for myself, I can just do code modifications to save myself some effort).

As for supporting free software, that is something I do, however doing it in the MyBB community seems rather unattractive to me at the moment.  There are plenty of other communities which seem to be much more welcoming of these sorts of things.

As a side note, I've also really started to lose hope in MyBB dev team's ability (primarily the lead developer).  The 1.4.12 PRNG patch was just absurd (reason why 1.4.13 was released fairly soon after) and still is pretty stupid if you ask me.  They totally misunderstood the problem domain IMO.
The fix for the XSS vulnerability is also half assed.  They patched it for new posts, but seem to have completely forgot about fixing the new threads code.
I haven't confirmed this, but if you want to steal someone's post key, just subscribe to a forum they're likely to post in, and then grab the key from the subscription email.
I'd point these out, but honestly, it's sometimes like talking to a brick wall (note, some comments in there were deleted), and responses like these are so stupid I'm not even going to bother wasting my time explaining.
[if you're wondering about the above issue, I did acknowledge it being potentially difficult to fix, and did mention that it really isn't that critical - as such, I don't expect anything really - even admitting that it's a complete waste of time to fix is fine with me, however the comment given is quite something else]

(thus I probably won't be bothering to post there either)

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 07:02 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
05-11-2010 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Yumi, What Happen? - RateU - 05-11-2010, 07:04 AM
RE: Yumi, What Happen? - ZiNgA BuRgA - 05-11-2010, 08:01 AM
RE: Yumi, What Happen? - RateU - 05-11-2010, 08:18 AM
RE: Yumi, What Happen? - Harry - 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
RE: Yumi, What Happen? - ZiNgA BuRgA - 05-11-2010 02:24 PM
RE: Yumi, What Happen? - RateU - 05-12-2010, 08:37 AM
RE: Yumi, What Happen? - Harry - 05-12-2010, 09:29 AM
RE: Yumi, What Happen? - ZiNgA BuRgA - 05-12-2010, 11:50 AM