Site Suggestions?
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Site Suggestions?
Only a few people who actually post here, but do you guys have any suggestions you think I should implement?

I did originally intend this just to be a place to hold a repository of my stuff (so somewhat not that interested in spending time tweaking the site), but I'm totally open to getting this place going towards a completely different direction if wanted.

I don't mind giving out admin rights etc if you plan to do something with it, so say what you like!

My Blog
05-19-2010 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pirata Nervo Offline
RE: Site Suggestions?
I like what it is right now but maybe you should consider advertising it? I can put a link on my site to this one if you wish
05-20-2010 06:54 AM
Harry Offline
(05-20-2010 06:54 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote:  I like what it is right now but maybe you should consider advertising it? I can put a link on my site to this one if you wish

Definitely agree. I'll even add a link in my sig at such places like TAZ and even MYBB community forums. I don't advertise my sites in my sig so may as well make it useful.

Someone else was talking about doing this sort of thing over at TAZ.  Maybe you can hook up with him and get something really going here? He posts on TAZ.

I could even contribute a couple of themes to the cause. Have a couple i just need to do some touch up work on.
05-20-2010 07:53 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Thanks for the suggestions - glad you like it the way it is now Tongue

Not particularly keen on advertising to be honest.  I don't generally run forums that way.  Also, I like small communities, especially when I don't have to get a dozen idiots asking for help each day.  So far, pretty much everyone who's posted here is well informed and support requests are more because of my lack of explaining things, rather than people not knowing how to upload.
However, you're free to do what you want, so if you want to do it, I have no complaints. Smile

Thanks for the pointer Harry.  TBH, I'm not terribly interested in MyBB in general anymore than I need it to run my forum, but if he's interested, he's welcome to make suggestions here as well.

My Blog
05-20-2010 08:53 AM
Harry Offline
(05-20-2010 08:53 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Thanks for the suggestions - glad you like it the way it is now Tongue

Not particularly keen on advertising to be honest.  I don't generally run forums that way.  Also, I like small communities, especially when I don't have to get a dozen idiots asking for help each day.  So far, pretty much everyone who's posted here is well informed and support requests are more because of my lack of explaining things, rather than people not knowing how to upload.
However, you're free to do what you want, so if you want to do it, I have no complaints. Smile

Thanks for the pointer Harry.  TBH, I'm not terribly interested in MyBB in general anymore than I need it to run my forum, but if he's interested, he's welcome to make suggestions here as well.

NP. And thank you as well. As said if there is anything i can do to help let me know.
05-20-2010 09:48 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Great! I have added MyBB Hacks in my signature in MyBB Community Smile

05-20-2010 10:44 AM
MattF Offline
(05-20-2010 07:53 AM)Harry Wrote:  Someone else was talking about doing this sort of thing over at TAZ.  Maybe you can hook up with him and get something really going here? He posts on TAZ.

I'm the guilty one mentioned above. Biggrin Harry mentioned this thread, so I thought I'd register and say hello. Smile
(05-20-2010 08:53 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Thanks for the pointer Harry.  TBH, I'm not terribly interested in MyBB in general anymore than I need it to run my forum, but if he's interested, he's welcome to make suggestions here as well.

I got caught up in a thread over on TAZ regarding the free versus paid mods/plugins situation over on MyBB. I'll be honest. I've personally never used MyBB myself upto just, but I am what one might class as a touch stubborn on the point of keeping modifications and such like open and freely available rather than catering to the authors who charge for mods based upon O.S software, hence my interest in the subject. My intended approach to the situation was to create a site specifically for authors to make their mods/plugins/themes for MyBB freely available for all to use whilst not having to suffer the 'griping' that appears to be somewhat prevalent on the MyBB site towards them, (and the users of those mods), from the plugin authors who charge for their mods/plugins.

Btw, like the theme you have on here. Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2010 12:13 PM by MattF.)
05-20-2010 12:02 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
(05-20-2010 12:02 PM)MattF Wrote:  I got caught up in a thread over on TAZ regarding the free versus paid mods/plugins situation over on MyBB. I'll be honest. I've personally never used MyBB myself upto just, but I am what one might class as a touch stubborn on the point of keeping modifications and such like open and freely available rather than catering to the authors who charge for mods based upon O.S software, hence my interest in the subject. My intended approach to the situation was to create a site specifically for authors to make their mods/plugins/themes for MyBB freely available for all to use whilst not having to suffer the 'griping' that appears to be somewhat prevalent on the MyBB site towards them, (and the users of those mods), from the plugin authors who charge for their mods/plugins.
Hi MattF, I don't really think I'd really call that stubborn.  For example OpenOffice exists to be a free alternative to a more popular office suite, and I can tell you the amount of effort required for such a project is huge.
I think your idea is nice and all, but I do wonder a bit on the practicality of your aim - for example, the MyBB modifications site only hosts free themes and plugins (though these may not comply with FOSS).
However, I'm open to ideas here and don't mind anyone wishing to transform this site to something they'll use.

(05-20-2010 12:02 PM)MattF Wrote:  Btw, like the theme you have on here. Smile
Thanks, though it's just the "standard" Afresh theme with a few minor touchups Tongue

My Blog
05-20-2010 03:38 PM
leefish Offline
Hamster
I think there are a lot of people (myself included) who would really like to get involved with learning php and how to make plug ins for php applications (not JUST myBB, though of course that would be the focus here). A tutorials area on PHP would be handy.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
05-23-2010 05:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline
(05-23-2010 05:56 AM)leefish Wrote:  I think there are a lot of people (myself included) who would really like to get involved with learning php and how to make plug ins for php applications (not JUST myBB, though of course that would be the focus here). A tutorials area on PHP would be handy.

This is a very good idea. I would like to learn a bit more of it myself especially making plugins.
05-23-2010 08:46 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools