Duplicate/Dissect Post
MyBB has a Split Post moderation tool which is useful for splitting posts off into a different thread if the topic goes for a turn.  However, I find at times, the topic may have gone off-topic half way through a post.

This is where the idea came from.  This plugin adds a post moderation tool which will allow moderators to "dissect" (can't use the word "split") a post, and perhaps, then split the second half of the post into a separate thread.

I also find that some longer posts may work better if split up into multiple posts, but this may be difficult if replies have been made.  This plugin can be useful in these situations as well.

Additionally, if more than one post is checked, it will allow posts to be duplicated.

Note that the automatic post merging may be a little problematic as MyBB's code assumes posts are ordered by pid (not a good assumption to make, but well...).  I haven't tried this.
Other known possible side effects:
- MyBB's AJAX quick reply feature is retarded and orders by pid (instead of dateline, which it _should_ be ordering by).  Basically it means that it is theoretically possible for a user to be redirected to a duplicate post rather than the latest post.
- Duplicating the lastpost of the thread won't update the lastpost link (ie, it will link to the original lastpost)
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2010 07:54 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Download: copypost.php (12.38 KB)
Plugin Version: 1.21
Last Updated: 08-31-2010, 07:54 AM

Downloads: 1,038
MyBB Compatibility: 1.4.x, 1.6.x
Plugin License: WTFPLv2
Uploader: ZiNgA BuRgA
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Duplicate/Dissect Post
Yeah, this plugin was somewhat meant to be used with split posts (and possibly edit post moderation) to cut a topic half way through a post into another one.
Can also be useful for some release or listing threads where the OP wishes to split their first post up into multiple posts (to avoid making their first post too long).

My Blog
12-06-2010 08:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admin2u Offline
is these plugin automatic merge the thread after the user make double subject name topic ???
12-13-2012 01:34 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
No.

My Blog
12-13-2012 02:28 PM
bitcoin Offline
Hello, I'd love to make a copy of one of my MyBB's 1.8.4 child boards... Any chance to get this working on 1.8.4?

Much appreciated,

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius
05-05-2015 05:01 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
MyBB already provides a copy thread function, if I'm reading your post correctly.
This plugin only duplicates a single post (which you can simulate using MyBB tools (copy/delete/merge), but just takes more effort).

My Blog
05-09-2015 07:21 PM
Grey Ghost Offline
Hey Zinga, so does this work on 1.8? I changes the compatibly line in the plugin and installed it. But no option appears for Duplicate/Dissect a particular post.

[Image: TVGF_signature.png]
07-30-2015 07:42 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
As mentioned below the download link, not compatible with 1.8.

My Blog
07-31-2015 03:32 PM
Sector Offline
(07-31-2015 03:32 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  As mentioned below the download link, not compatible with 1.8.

Hello!

Is there any obstacle in porting this plugin to MyBB 1.8 that have made you guys leave it alone?

TIA!
11-17-2017 04:31 PM