[split] The SUPER EPIC!! debate about paid MyBB modifications!
Pirata Nervo Offline
RE: [split] The SUPER EPIC!! debate about paid MyBB modifications!
I guess this has become "SUPER EPIC" again!
06-07-2010 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user
MattF Offline
(06-07-2010 06:16 AM)Harry Wrote:  I can see i hit a nerve. I really can careless what you are tired of. But you go on trying to make it about ME. Only one with their head so far up their ass is you.

I don't try to make anything about me. The problem is that you are constantly obsessed with yourself and your opinion. Not my problem if someone disagreeing with you makes them egotistical and self-obsessed, in your opinion. How very dare they question you? At least you'd be in similar company though.

Quote:You are simply pissed because i have now called you out about your bs act here and over at TAZ for that matter.

You severely over-estimate yourself if you think that I could give a monkeys about your opinion, much less actually be bothered by it. I wouldn't even be pissed due to the opinion of someone of whos opinion actually mattered, so you've no chance of offending me.

Quote:As said on TAZ all you have done since you entered these discussions is attack MYBB, the software itself, it's developers and most of it's users. yeah i saw your little comment about all of those who use MYBB ( your response to paveman ) over at TAZ before that TAZ admin edited it out. All you have done is take advantage of the situation ( to start your shit with MYBB )

Too damned right I've attacked the developers attitudes, and the attitudes of some of those who maintain a blind defence of them regardless. It's zealot-like. Screaming in someones ear that something is right does not make it right, no matter how loudly or how many times you state it. My quip regarding the fact that registering on the MyBB board appears to require having ones brain removed first as one of the rules of registration is still quite true, in my opinion.

Quote: starting with the free vs paid/license stuff. Yeah i have had my gripes about the license/mods and how they handled that but you had better think again if you think that means i don't care when some moron comes along posting bullshit about the project and it's users. So yeah i'll be there every step of the way whenever you feel the need to spew more bs about MYBB. So my suggestion is to either get involved with another project, do one yourself or just find something else to do with your time.

Harry, I don't need to start any crap or spout any bullshit, as you put it. You are living proof of my point.

Quote:Do yourself a favor and don't be so obvious the next time you go somewhere to intentionally start problems.

Did I now? The legitimacy of what I said is perfectly valid. Plus, the only reason I've come to have such a dislike for MyBB over the course of that thread, (a dislike which I did not have to start with), is due to you, the Dev's and some of the users. You're all a bloody joke for advertising a supposedly community centric project and community.

The Dev's I've spoken directly to are morons, IMHO, some of the users are arse kissing zealots and any disagreements with you personally are just due to the fact that I think you're a fuckwit. You have no care about the true meaning of Open Source. The only thing which you are bothered about is Harry's personal agenda. If anything, IMHO, you have strengthened the support for the paid mod authors just due to the fact that you are such an annoying twat with no grasp on the reality of what Open Source actually means and the fact that you are doing nothing more than conducting a Witch hunt.

Get off your pedestal and put your money where your mouth is. Fork MyBB. Make a go of it. Make it a good fork and keep any Dev who agrees to work with you for more than five minutes and then we'll see exactly how good you are. However, that's not going to happen, is it. Why? Because you haven't got a feckin clue and no-one in their right mind would class you as having the slightest ability to be able to lead a project, that's why. Christ, you'd even make Ryan look like God's gift to Dev team management.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 12:35 AM by MattF.)
06-09-2010 12:31 AM
Harry Offline
(06-09-2010 12:31 AM)MattF Wrote:  
(06-07-2010 06:16 AM)Harry Wrote:  I can see i hit a nerve. I really can careless what you are tired of. But you go on trying to make it about ME. Only one with their head so far up their ass is you.

I don't try to make anything about me. The problem is that you are constantly obsessed with yourself and your opinion. Not my problem if someone disagreeing with you makes them egotistical and self-obsessed, in your opinion. How very dare they question you? At least you'd be in similar company though.

Quote:You are simply pissed because i have now called you out about your bs act here and over at TAZ for that matter.

You severely over-estimate yourself if you think that I could give a monkeys about your opinion, much less actually be bothered by it. I wouldn't even be pissed due to the opinion of someone of whos opinion actually mattered, so you've no chance of offending me.

Quote:As said on TAZ all you have done since you entered these discussions is attack MYBB, the software itself, it's developers and most of it's users. yeah i saw your little comment about all of those who use MYBB ( your response to paveman ) over at TAZ before that TAZ admin edited it out. All you have done is take advantage of the situation ( to start your shit with MYBB )

Too damned right I've attacked the developers attitudes, and the attitudes of some of those who maintain a blind defence of them regardless. It's zealot-like. Screaming in someones ear that something is right does not make it right, no matter how loudly or how many times you state it. My quip regarding the fact that registering on the MyBB board appears to require having ones brain removed first as one of the rules of registration is still quite true, in my opinion.

Quote: starting with the free vs paid/license stuff. Yeah i have had my gripes about the license/mods and how they handled that but you had better think again if you think that means i don't care when some moron comes along posting bullshit about the project and it's users. So yeah i'll be there every step of the way whenever you feel the need to spew more bs about MYBB. So my suggestion is to either get involved with another project, do one yourself or just find something else to do with your time.

Harry, I don't need to start any crap or spout any bullshit, as you put it. You are living proof of my point.

Quote:Do yourself a favor and don't be so obvious the next time you go somewhere to intentionally start problems.

Did I now? The legitimacy of what I said is perfectly valid. Plus, the only reason I've come to have such a dislike for MyBB over the course of that thread, (a dislike which I did not have to start with), is due to you, the Dev's and some of the users. You're all a bloody joke for advertising a supposedly community centric project and community.

The Dev's I've spoken directly to are morons, IMHO, some of the users are arse kissing zealots and any disagreements with you personally are just due to the fact that I think you're a fuckwit. You have no care about the true meaning of Open Source. The only thing which you are bothered about is Harry's personal agenda. If anything, IMHO, you have strengthened the support for the paid mod authors just due to the fact that you are such an annoying twat with no grasp on the reality of what Open Source actually means and the fact that you are doing nothing more than conducting a Witch hunt.

Get off your pedestal and put your money where your mouth is. Fork MyBB. Make a go of it. Make it a good fork and keep any Dev who agrees to work with you for more than five minutes and then we'll see exactly how good you are. However, that's not going to happen, is it. Why? Because you haven't got a feckin clue and no-one in their right mind would class you as having the slightest ability to be able to lead a project, that's why. Christ, you'd even make Ryan look like God's gift to Dev team management.

Man.. It took you two day to come up with that? lol  That is why i run a successful online business and have a team. But you keep talking your shit mr know it all. Now go run off and talk some more shit at your forum about how f-ing retarded MYBB and it's users are. WOW.. Takes a real man to say something like that from behind the safety of their monitor. Your a joke. End of story.
06-09-2010 01:17 AM
MattF Offline
1) What is my trade or line of business Harry? You are making assumptions that you are better than everyone else again.

2) It took me approximately a minute to come up with that response. I just don't spend my time online worrying what your opinion is or thinking it's worthwhile enough answering your posts to detract from my time having a real life offline.

3) I will continue saying exactly what I please, (as will anyone else who uses them too), on my own sites. I'm not like you in believing that my opinion is the only one allowed. Everyone one has, and is entitled to, their own opinion, in my book.

4) Pray do tell. Exactly where are you typing from and viewing this thread?

I take it you are not going to put your money where your mouth is to prove your point then? I wonder why...
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 03:07 AM by MattF.)
06-09-2010 03:05 AM
Harry Offline
(06-09-2010 03:05 AM)MattF Wrote:  1) What is my trade or line of business Harry? You are making assumptions that you are better than everyone else again.

2) It took me approximately a minute to come up with that response. I just don't spend my time online worrying what your opinion is or thinking it's worthwhile enough answering your posts to detract from my time having a real life offline.

3) I will continue saying exactly what I please, (as will anyone else who uses them too), on my own sites. I'm not like you in believing that my opinion is the only one allowed. Everyone one has, and is entitled to, their own opinion, in my book.

4) Pray do tell. Exactly where are you typing from and viewing this thread?

I take it you are not going to put your money where your mouth is to prove your point then? I wonder why...

I am making assumptions that i am better then everyone? You have to be joking me? Would you go back and reread what you said about me? WTF is wrong with you? Only one here trying act like holier then thou is YOU. Not me or anyone else. Never have claimed to be better then all. And nor did i tell you that you are not allowed to have a opinion here. I know better unlike yourself. All i did was respond to your bullshit with trying to inject words into what i said which you are trying to do again and so i am responding again to your bs. My suggestion is to go elsewhere and try your petty crap on someone else because i am not the one.  

Feel free to continue making yourself look like a ass if you wish. I am done and have nothing left constructive to say to you. Do know though if you try and even think about putting more words into my mouth then i will respond in kind. So leave me alone and i'll do the same.
06-09-2010 03:26 AM
MattF Offline
(06-09-2010 03:26 AM)Harry Wrote:  Feel free to continue making yourself look like a ass if you wish. I am done and have nothing left constructive to say to you. Do know though if you try and even think about putting more words into my mouth then i will respond in kind. So leave me alone and i'll do the same.

You never had anything constructive to say Harry, that I can recall. Your arguments/points are all over the shop to suit your opinion at the moment in time. Btw, how can you respond to anything further I might add if you're done? A tad contradictory?

Besides, Zinga went to the trouble of splitting this thread so that it could carry on its merry path, so why let it drown in obscurity whilst you are such an absolute, logical pleasure to converse with? T'would be such a shame to do so whilst you continue to provide such unbiased, impersonal and sound reasoning in a discussion.
06-09-2010 03:44 AM
Harry Offline
(06-09-2010 03:44 AM)MattF Wrote:  
(06-09-2010 03:26 AM)Harry Wrote:  Feel free to continue making yourself look like a ass if you wish. I am done and have nothing left constructive to say to you. Do know though if you try and even think about putting more words into my mouth then i will respond in kind. So leave me alone and i'll do the same.

You never had anything constructive to say Harry, that I can recall. Your arguments/points are all over the shop to suit your opinion at the moment in time. Btw, how can you respond to anything further I might add if you're done? A tad contradictory?

Besides, Zinga went to the trouble of splitting this thread so that it could carry on its merry path, so why let it drown in obscurity whilst you are such an absolute, logical pleasure to converse with? T'would be such a shame to do so whilst you continue to provide such unbiased, impersonal and sound reasoning in a discussion.

So now you are trying to be funny. haha There i laughed. Feel better?

Nothing contradictory in what i said. Leave me alone and i'll do the same. How hard is that to understand? K?  Thanks.
06-09-2010 04:05 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
What I get annoyed with is the fact that half the MyBB Request for plugins & modifications are written and then put up for sale on a Developers Sites, and some of those plugins & modifications add functionality as standard features into the MyBB forum which members of the MyBB community have asked for to be added into MyBB as Request.  Many of the plugins & modifications come right from Request on the forum of MyBB.  I'm not one to belittle someone for making some extra money. But not when the feature represents a functionality thats standard.  I don't blame the developer Sites for doing this,  but you do realize they are capitalizing on the audience on MyBB.com any chance they get.  They know what the MyBB community wants and all they have to do, is look in Request Forum on MyBB.
06-09-2010 08:50 AM
Pirata Nervo Offline
(06-09-2010 08:50 AM)Technoman Wrote:  What I get annoyed with is the fact that half the MyBB Request for plugins & modifications are written and then put up for sale on a Developers Sites, and some of those plugins & modifications add functionality as standard features into the MyBB forum which members of the MyBB community have asked for to be added into MyBB as Request.  Many of the plugins & modifications come right from Request on the forum of MyBB.  I'm not one to belittle someone for making some extra money. But not when the feature represents a functionality thats standard.  I don't blame the developer Sites for doing this,  but you do realize they are capitalizing on the audience on MyBB.com any chance they get.  They know what the MyBB community wants and all they have to do, is look in Request Forum on MyBB.

Anyone can also develop it for free. Not only paid developers look in the requests forum.
I've only looked once in the requests forum and didn't find anything interesting. I mainly code plugins requested at my website
06-09-2010 09:27 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
(06-09-2010 09:27 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote:  Not only paid developers look in the requests forum.

I agree as I said "half" not all so yes Free and Paid ones but usually the plug-ins & modifications that add a true functionality as standard features into the MyBB  platform you will end up finding more on Paid Developer Sites!

Not to mention I am a proud subscriber on 3 different Developer Sites!
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2010 09:45 AM by Technoman.)
06-09-2010 09:41 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools