Mybb community, very immature.
Harry Offline
RE: Mybb community, very immature.
(06-08-2010 09:38 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  I think making judgements on a single incident is a bit too hasty thinking.  I mean, there's a number of possible issues you may not be aware of, such as discussions in private (from my experience with the team, the ugliest stuff happens there).
I can't really say much about that person in question as I don't really know what's been going on there.

Unless you really hope to involve yourself with the community, I don't think you should abandon a software because you dislike the community.  I don't really like it, but I will still be using MyBB.  You can still easily gain support there without caring about sections such as Chit-Chat etc.  I mean, as long as you get what you want, it shouldn't really matter how mature the community is, right?  Of course, if you personally just prefer phpBB over MyBB, then by all means...

And I don't think it's unreasonable to show favouritism towards certain members.  If they're your biggest supporters, I think it's natural to really do so.  It can be considered an incentive to try to keep them supporting you in the future.  For example, if your employer is paying you well, it's only natural that you want to please him/her so that you keep your job there.
Now whether you think the level of favouritism is too much is another thing - with that, I'd probably agree there's probably a bit too much.

Seriously? I think MYBB needs to be forked. And if i can find the team i am gonna do it.

Keep in mind that the subject of favouritism there is a sore one that has been discussed at length everywhere and thus well known. So yeah this would go into the classification of going overboard with it. MYBB needs to lose that image and instead has gone the other way doing what they have on the community forums and now the license. Do you see this at say PHPBB? It should not happen period. Thing is MYBB is very obvious about it too.

Sorry but i think they really just shot themselves in the foot with their actions over the past day and now the license. Sorry to say but i think this project is doomed. And i say that because i see nothing ever changing there. They have no credibility left and that means everything in the GPL/Opensource/free world. They are better off making the software completely commercial.
06-08-2010 09:55 AM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Mybb community, very immature. - walkman - 06-08-2010, 03:40 AM
RE: Mybb community, very immature. - Harry - 06-08-2010, 04:33 AM
RE: Mybb community, very immature. - Harry - 06-08-2010, 07:41 AM
RE: Mybb community, very immature. - Harry - 06-08-2010, 08:52 AM
RE: Mybb community, very immature. - Harry - 06-08-2010 09:55 AM
RE: Mybb community, very immature. - Harry - 06-09-2010, 01:23 AM
RE: Mybb community, very immature. - Harry - 06-08-2010, 01:38 PM
RE: Mybb community, very immature. - MattF - 06-09-2010, 05:12 AM