MyBB development - worse than I thought
frostschutz Offline
RE: MyBB development - worse than I thought
I have a very good impression of Huji Lee, he understands things, and if he does make a mistake, he admits it and corrects it immediately. See issue #808 for an example to see how he handles bug reports. It goes downhill as soon as Ryan Gordon chips in...

Huji also frequently gets crap like this or this. Not sure how he handles it. I know I couldn't. I would be so frustrated I'd leave the team. This is also one of the reasons why I never applied for any team position (and rejected offers). It wouldn't work out since I just can't take that kind of crap.

Beginners are fine as long as they're genuinely interested to learn how things work. What makes a developer a good developer? It's not experience, not at all. It's the spark of interest, the open-mindedness, the drive that makes you constantly seek out new ways to make things better. If you have that, experience will follow on its own accord. If you ever lose that, you stop being a developer and start being an idiot, regardless of your experience.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2010 12:49 AM by frostschutz.)
06-10-2010 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: MyBB development - worse than I thought - frostschutz - 06-10-2010 12:29 AM
a "professional image." LOL - Firefox Wins - 06-11-2010, 11:43 AM

Standard Tools