MyBB development - worse than I thought
Harry Offline
RE: MyBB development - worse than I thought
(06-11-2010 04:18 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  
(06-11-2010 03:35 PM)Harry Wrote:  How come this is not a issue elsewhere with other developers? Sure they may something BEHIND the scenes but that is it and the way it SHOULD be. Thus the difference where Ryan is concerned. He has no self control. If it is that bad then maybe he should find something else to do with his time. Yeah he does get some shit that is not needed but that does not excuse his behavior towards others the rest of the time.
They aren't as involved as he is.
I think he should be given some slack - not everyone is perfect, and people have their issues.  He doesn't seem to post that much these days, so he is mostly "behind the scenes", but do remember that this is a community role, not a strict company policy, and I'm sure many in his position would like to be able to express their views publicly and so on.

I do agree not all is perfect. Believe it or not i do admire him to some degree. Wish i had been as productive as he is when i was 17. Ofcourse back then they did not have this either..
06-11-2010 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user
MattF Offline
(06-11-2010 04:18 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  and I'm sure many in his position would like to be able to express their views publicly and so on.

Wishing to express ones true opinion and the necessity to temper it due to circumstance don't always go hand in hand. The lead Dev shouldn't be calling people jerks? on the forum. His position is to lead by example, hence he should maintain a certain decorum, no matter how tempting it may be to do otherwise, on occasion. To put it simply, if one cannot control oneself on the community forum, what type of impression does it give as to how well placed they are to control the community and the project as a whole? Not a good one.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 08:06 PM by MattF.)
06-11-2010 08:04 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Online
Fag
Yeah, I'd have to agree there.

My Blog
06-11-2010 08:46 PM
Pirata Nervo Offline
(06-11-2010 08:04 PM)MattF Wrote:  
(06-11-2010 04:18 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  and I'm sure many in his position would like to be able to express their views publicly and so on.

Wishing to express ones true opinion and the necessity to temper it due to circumstance don't always go hand in hand. The lead Dev shouldn't be calling people jerks? on the forum. His position is to lead by example, hence he should maintain a certain decorum, no matter how tempting it may be to do otherwise, on occasion. To put it simply, if one cannot control oneself on the community forum, what type of impression does it give as to how well placed they are to control the community and the project as a whole? Not a good one.

Calling people jerks is very professional, what the hell are you talking about? Don't you call people jerks on a professional environment? /sarcasm
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 08:49 PM by Pirata Nervo.)
06-11-2010 08:48 PM
Lich_king2 Offline
Ryan Loos is person that has really good knowledge about social interaction with the people. Gordon is full of himself and thinks that because he is the developer of the BBS, that he has right to insult someone. Developers are people who usually know how to handle both code and the people. Attitude like his towards people makes him no different than script kiddies and their attitude which always complain about something and that try to promote non existing knowledge.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
Nota Bene: If people want to be successful they need to help each other.
06-11-2010 11:04 PM
Firefox Wins Offline
Everything goes in cycles, someday they will get better.

(06-11-2010 03:35 PM)Harry Wrote:  ...I really wish some of you all would get together and fork this. I mean that sincerely too.

Question:
The software doesn't need a fork, how about an alternate community (or several communities) based on the same software?

Answer:
Obviously, bug reports and new feature suggestions are important, and an alternate community can't handle those without a software fork.

But:
The software doesn't need a fork, the community has huge issues.
Oh my, how much fun is that?
Out
06-12-2010 05:54 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools