Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
 Creating MyBB Modifications
kruzzen Offline
Weeeee!
Creating MyBB Modifications
I would love to find some website or articles that would teach me the basics of creating mods for MyBB. I have an interest in creating in-house modifications specifically for my forums and would love to learn how to do it for myself Smile
01-26-2008 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user
Unregistered

RE: Creating MyBB Modifications
Awsome!
01-26-2008 08:13 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Hi kruzzen,

Well, plugins are written in a scripting language called PHP.  Googling PHP tutorials should reveal a plethora of worthy guides on how to start scripting in PHP.

Have you any programming/scripting experience in the past?  If so, it will help you greatly, and make things much easier to learn.  If not, you may find yourself stumbling a bit over your first programming language.  Don't worry however - this is common across all programmers (I think) Tongue  And once it clicks in your mind, then things should be much easier.

Of course, if you're having troubles, I'm sure others will be willing to help.

Oh, and once you learn PHP, making a MyBB plugin/modification should be fairly straight forward.
Good luck!

My Blog
01-26-2008 10:21 AM
blueparukia Offline
Yes, learn PHP and MySQL (you will also need basic HTML. as wel - it sounds like a lot, but its not that bad.)

Once learning PHP - the MyBB structure will take some getting used to, but you'll get there Smile
01-27-2008 07:38 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools