The community.
Mark2x Offline
The community.
I swear it going downhill. It might not be as bad as it was before will all those stupid paid plugin threads. I almost kicked my monitor from some of those.

But i mean its dying. "Favourites" like myself, get nothing. (Note i assume i'm a favourite because i simply can do everything wrong, and get little to nothing others can do the same and get smacked 1st time. If not i hope i'm not like a target...) Like i don't think i've changed much. I cleaned up my grammar and spelling a little, and i guess i'm standable. But i've been there a year, and i haven't stopped spamming or trolling. Firestar got a gobal ban. Tons of other examples to. And they are all banned for some reason. Frig, i'm almost as bad a Ghazal, and she at least made plugins right :/
06-21-2010 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: The community.
Hmm, so what's your username over there (if you don't mind saying)?  Anything happened?

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2010 11:28 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
06-21-2010 11:28 AM
Harry Offline
(06-21-2010 11:28 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Hmm, so what's your username over there (if you don't mind saying)?  Anything happened?

The problem is the people they keep bringing in to develop and or for support. ALL are kids. There is ZERO Professionalism over there. They almost ( may have?? ) lost another contributor ( Aaron ) and thus plugin developer because the one kid overreacted. What makes it worse is they are contributing to the issues as well with flaming etc. They have ZERO tact and are extremely rude. Sorry but that crap does not belong on a support site. It makes the whole project look bad.

Go take a peak over there. It wont be hard to find who/what the issues are related to.

I know some are not gonna like this part of what i am about to say. All i can say is that if it upsets you then the chances are high that i am correct. Instead of getting upset and arguing with me you would be much better served just taking it all in and maybe correcting it IF by chance it does apply to you.

Hate saying it but ever since Chris Boulton took a step back the place has really started to go into the dumps. Chris needs to wake the hell up and understand that a 18/17yr old need not be leading such a project. Yes He has put a ton of effort into it ( probably more then anyone ) but he is not a leader and the age factor has alot to do with it and it shows well with all the issues going on over there. You question them and like kids they blow up, you don't agree with them and they blow up, They worry about their friends more then the project itself, You point out a issue and it turns into a battle till proven to be a actual issue. Then you add the load of schoolwork on top of doing this and yes it becomes too much to handle and like anyone with little experience they don't deal with it well. I am sure if they see this reply they will start up. Like all kids they HATE EVER admitting they are wrong and this is the biggest problem of all. Sorry but ALL is wrong at one point or another. Nobody is perfect.

Now i am NOT saying a kid cant run a forum but i am saying there is some things they should not be involved in without ANY adult influence around simply because they just cannot handle it never having been in the real world and thus interacting with older people etc. This is why you don't see this same shit at ANY of the other forum software sites. IF anyone has please do point it out and thus show me a example of it. Yes i frequent many of the others as well and know this to be the case.

And yes before anyone says it i know there is adults who act like kids as well. Tongue Usually though there is other adults around to correct the situation. We don't have that at MYBB ( if there is one would never know it by what is going on over there ) and thus the problems which seem to be getting worse.

And no i am not saying the whole team is bad either but there IS some problem people and issues that need to be addressed.
06-21-2010 03:05 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
This thread? http://community.mybb.com/thread-72063-p...http://community.mybb.com/thread-72063-post-524267.html
Interesting.

I don't think Chris is that young.  He claims to be busy, which is a reasonable thing.  As for leadership, from what I've picked up, it's mostly done through a few key members, even though they aren't necessarily appointed as such.

My Blog
06-21-2010 08:08 PM
Pirata Nervo Offline
I /facepalm'd myself when I read that thread
06-21-2010 08:19 PM
Mark2x Offline
@Harry i agree, even though we usually don't/
@Zinga, i'm 41shots/Mark.M/T0m

@Everyone to add more.

What i mean is people are just being idiots for the sake of it.
06-22-2010 01:34 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
Oh okay, from your first post, I wouldn't call you "bad" as you seem to put it.  If I try to be honest with you, I think you've improved as a member in the community quite a bit since I first really noticed you.  Personally, I do think you do get a little too involved sometimes, by posting quite a bit; at times when it may be better to stand back a bit and be a bit more oblivious.
From what I've seen, I wouldn't really call you a troll, though, from how the staff work, I wouldn't be surprised if you got a few warnings or so.
One thing you certainly do have above a number of others is being able to identify your issues, as well as of those around you.  Whether or not you wish to do anything about it is another thing, but being aware of things can be quite beneficial in a number of circumstances.

Anyway, unfortunately I can't really give any good advice or comments.  Sorry about that.

My Blog
06-22-2010 10:07 AM
Lich_king2 Offline
If this wasn't true it would be funny. Good software with bad community and stuff. What an oxymoron.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
Nota Bene: If people want to be successful they need to help each other.
06-22-2010 06:04 PM
Mark2x Offline
(06-22-2010 10:07 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Oh okay, from your first post, I wouldn't call you "bad" as you seem to put it.  If I try to be honest with you, I think you've improved as a member in the community quite a bit since I first really noticed you.  Personally, I do think you do get a little too involved sometimes, by posting quite a bit; at times when it may be better to stand back a bit and be a bit more oblivious.

I honestly can't. People me hate me for it too in real life. I call bull shit too often. (Sorry if swearing is a nono) I can't stand back. I always have an opinion. Its terrible. Only a couple people can actually shut me up Tongue

Quote:From what I've seen, I wouldn't really call you a troll, though, from how the staff work, I wouldn't be surprised if you got a few warnings or so.
One thing you certainly do have above a number of others is being able to identify your issues, as well as of those around you.  Whether or not you wish to do anything about it is another thing, but being aware of things can be quite beneficial in a number of circumstances.

Not sure i fully grasp what your trying to say there. I do have plenty of warnings. I do troll and flame. From the majority of my comments, yes its not easy to see, because i just play it right. Though it should be somewhat obvious.

Quote:Anyway, unfortunately I can't really give any good advice or comments.  Sorry about that.

No problem.
(06-22-2010 06:04 PM)Lich_king2 Wrote:  If this wasn't true it would be funny. Good software with bad community and stuff. What an oxymoron.

Quite so.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 04:17 AM by Mark2x.)
06-23-2010 04:17 AM
Harry Offline
(06-21-2010 08:08 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  This thread? http://community.mybb.com/thread-72063-p...http://community.mybb.com/thread-72063-post-524267.html
Interesting.

I don't think Chris is that young.  He claims to be busy, which is a reasonable thing.  As for leadership, from what I've picked up, it's mostly done through a few key members, even though they aren't necessarily appointed as such.

You have really changed your tune since you made your farewell post over at MYBB and then here. That's cool though. Gonna assume something good happened and leave it at that. Smile
06-23-2010 10:15 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools