Something new to ignore!:P Who is using what theme?
Harry Offline
Something new to ignore!:P Who is using what theme?
Is it possible to show who is using what theme when you have more then one on your site vs having to go through each profile to see what theme that person is using?

I was just in MY ACP to switch my main theme and i got wondering who is using what? Shows how many users are using a theme but not who?

Thanks..
06-23-2010 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Something new to ignore!:P Who is using what theme?
Unless you need some fancy interface, an SQL query could do it.

SQL Code
select s.name,u.username,u.uid
from mybb_users u
left join mybb_themes s on ((u.style!=0 and s.tid=u.style) or (u.style=0 and s.def=1))

Or a listing of all the themes with users using each theme:

SQL Code
select s.name, group_concat(u.username) as users, count(u.uid) as numusers
from mybb_themes s
left join mybb_users u on ((u.style!=0 and s.tid=u.style) or (u.style=0 and s.def=1))
group by s.tid

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 02:57 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
06-23-2010 02:57 PM
Harry Offline
RE: Something new to ignore!:P Who is using what theme?
(06-23-2010 02:57 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  Unless you need some fancy interface, an SQL query could do it.

SQL Code
select s.name,u.username,u.uid
from mybb_users u
left join mybb_themes s on ((u.style!=0 and s.tid=u.style) or (u.style=0 and s.def=1))

Or a listing of all the themes with users using each theme:

SQL Code
select s.name, group_concat(u.username) as users, count(u.uid) as numusers
from mybb_themes s
left join mybb_users u on ((u.style!=0 and s.tid=u.style) or (u.style=0 and s.def=1))
group by s.tid

Nice.. Thanks.. I now remember seeing a plugin for this for IPB. Actually been meaning to install it on my IPB forum.. Have to do the upgrade to 3.1 first which i have been putting off. Yeah me being Lazy.. They have one as well which shows how many people are using a theme/skin next to it's name in the quick/change theme selection tab.

Kinda nice to know who is using what and thus what they prefer. As you may know my site is about the weather. I have a theme for Winter weather, Severe weather, and one for hurricane season. Each theme has weather info related to the season on the portal page. Also have a few others ( all seasons etc )  and ofcourse one with nothing for the slow browsers. With a huge severe outbreak looming tonight and tomorrow in the middle of the USA into the Great Lakes i switched to the severe theme. After the threat passes i'll go back to the Hurricane one as seing how we are into the Hurricane season. Still not finished yet with what i wanna do but that is the basic idea.
06-23-2010 03:15 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools