"Powered By MyBB" question?
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
"Powered By MyBB" question?
The question is, what can happen if one day we notice or come across a forum on the net and they have removed the..
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2010 MyBB Group,  from the footer of a mybb forum?

Thanks
06-29-2010 08:00 AM
Find all posts by this user
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: "Powered By MyBB" question?
Nothing?  You're totally free to remove the copyright.

Do you want to do anything?

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2010 11:15 AM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
06-29-2010 11:15 AM
Technoman Offline
Forum Idiot
I was ONLY curious that is why I had asked.

thanks!
06-29-2010 11:18 AM
Pirata Nervo Offline
They just do not give support to forums without the copyright at the bottom, that's all
06-29-2010 07:11 PM
tavani Offline
Alright, so basically, I've been viewing forums powered by MyBB, and I personally love them. At the moment I'm a user of SMF, but from what I've seen, MyBB forums look a lot much better and cleaner. MyBB forums look VERY similar to vBulletin, and so I'm trying to make a forum that is very vBulletin-like. From what I've seen, I think MyBB's forums are the most similar to vBulletin because it has the horizontal postbit layout. SMF, phpbb3, and other forums I've tried somehow do not support the horizontal postbit layout...

I've never used MyBB before, so yeah.

Here are my questions:

1) Does MyBB have an automatic mod/theme installer? Or do you have to do them manually?

2) My current forum is powered by SMF. How would I go about converting it to MyBB?

3) What version of MyBB should I use?

4) I love the horizontal postbit layout. Does the horizontal postbit layout come installed by default when you startup a MyBB forum?

5) Is there a mod where you can display more than one custom rank?
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2010 05:26 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
07-28-2010 04:56 PM
MattR Offline
1. Manually but they're very easy. Plugins, upload some files, activate, themes, upload some images, import an XML file. Once you know where everything goes it's a 2 minute job.

2. The merge system, info on the downloads page and Wiki. Note that only SMF 1.1 is officially supported by it as SMF 2.0 is still in RC I believe, but there is an unofficial 2.0 converter which seems to work very well.

3. 1.4 as that's the current release, 1.6 is still in beta, but very near release. Personally speaking I'd convert to 1.4 and then upgrade to 1.6 rather than converting to 1.6, until all the kinks in the 1.6 merger are found and fixed, if there are any.

4. Yes, and there's a setting (global and per-user) to put it back to classic (down the left).

5. I believe there is somewhere yes.
07-28-2010 05:04 PM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
From an objective standpoint, there probably are themes for SMF and similar which mimic vB themes (or maybe not, I haven't looked).  If all you care about is the general look/feel of the forum, it may be better to try researching that first.

Converting forum systems isn't always a nice thing to do (old links to threads probably would die, users get a different look etc), and I generally don't recommend it unless you see great benefits in doing so.

BTW, are you a new type of spammer?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-39344-post-263870.html

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2010 06:38 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
07-28-2010 06:33 PM
MattR Offline
(07-28-2010 06:33 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  BTW, are you a new type of spammer?

Well how about that.

There's been a few of these on the community forums, copying completely relevant posts and reposting them. But posting them across different sites?? That's something new.
07-28-2010 07:26 PM
Pirata Nervo Offline
(07-28-2010 06:33 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  From an objective standpoint, there probably are themes for SMF and similar which mimic vB themes (or maybe not, I haven't looked).  If all you care about is the general look/feel of the forum, it may be better to try researching that first.

Converting forum systems isn't always a nice thing to do (old links to threads probably would die, users get a different look etc), and I generally don't recommend it unless you see great benefits in doing so.

BTW, are you a new type of spammer?

That's interesting
07-28-2010 07:55 PM
Taseera Offline
Banned
My BB forums are Good.I often use them .
09-22-2010 06:52 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools