Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hide Until Thanks Review

Please note that this is pretty much a negative criticism post, rather than a balanced review as mentioned in this thread. Also be aware that stuff posted here may be highly subjective.
Please feel free to criticise this post, however.

Plugin Reviewed: Hide Until Thanks
Plugin Version: 1.0 (last updated 7th May 2010)
Plugin Author: Walkman 5.0
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
RE: Hide Until Thanks Review
(06-29-2010 04:53 PM)Walkman 5.0 Wrote:  this is my firs advanced plugin
Wow, really?  Then congratulations.  My first advanced programs/scripts were horrible.  You did fairly well then Smile

(06-29-2010 04:53 PM)Walkman 5.0 Wrote:  ammm any example of the unoptimisate path?
Do you mean my first point?
Try putting your call to build_thank after you've done the various checks there.
You have a nice $thx_cache variable actually, which you've used for caching username styles - perhaps, also try caching the results from the query as well.
If you look at showthread.php, MyBB uses the $pids variable to pull posts out, so you can change your query, replace WHERE th.pid='$pid' with WHERE th.$pids.
Do note that $pids is only set on linear display - threaded display doesn't use the variable, so you need to also double check that $pids is set before trying to build a cache.

Anyway, you can build the cache in the thx function, and then, in the build_thank function, check if the result has been cached.  If it has, use that instead of a query, if not, you'll have to fall back to a query.
That would be my suggestion on how to implement it.

Hope that helps.  If it's too confusing, feel free to ask, specifying which part you're having trouble with.

And thanks for your work in the plugin!

My Blog
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2010 05:49 PM by ZiNgA BuRgA.)
06-29-2010 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Hide Until Thanks Review - ZiNgA BuRgA - 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
RE: Hide Until Thanks Review - Walkman 5.0 - 06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
RE: Hide Until Thanks Review - ZiNgA BuRgA - 06-29-2010 05:47 PM
RE: Hide Until Thanks Review - arsham - 08-17-2014, 10:21 PM