Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 Book Review System
usedragon Offline
RE: Book Review System
(05-02-2012 09:00 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:  #1 Try disabling thread ratings for the forum

#2 Open up file mentioned (inc/functions_post.php) go to line mentioned (645) - there will be a template being evaluated there.  That template is probably messed up.

The first one turned out better, just disabling it. Now for the second one, I looked at the code around 645. Does this mean its by the reviews postbit that we "review" was created or is it the themes postbit. LOL sorry im really confused, just trying to get an understanding of this.

Code:
if($mybb->settings['postlayout'] == "classic")
	{
		eval("\$postbit = \"".$templates->get("postbit_classic")."\";");
	}
	else
	{
		eval("\$postbit = \"".$templates->get("postbit")."\";");		
	}
	$GLOBALS['post'] = "";

return $postbit;
}

05-03-2012 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RateU Offline
Administrator
Do you have PHP in Templates / Complex Templates plugin installed on your forum?

05-03-2012 07:32 AM
usedragon Offline
(05-03-2012 07:32 AM)RateU Wrote:  Do you have PHP in Templates / Complex Templates plugin installed on your forum?

I don't think I do, but I did something that made it work. After testing of what it could do (I like it alot), but when I click on the review forum none of the text is showing up unless I click to view the thread itself.

Something like wordpress

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, emphasis consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nullam dignissim convallis est. Quisque aliquam. Donec faucibus. Nunc iaculis suscipit dui. Nam sit amet sem. Aliquam libero nisi, imperdiet at, tincidunt nec, gravida vehicula, nisl. Praesent mattis, massa quis luctus fermentum, turpis mi volutpat justo, eu volutpat enim diam eget metus. Maecenas ornare tortor. Donec sed tellus eget sapien fringilla nonummy. Mauris a ante. Suspendisse quam sem, consequat at, commodo vitae, feugiat in, nunc. Morbi imperdiet augue quis tellus. (read more)
05-04-2012 10:11 AM
leefish Offline
Hamster
Oh gah - this is me being totally stupid - I will update the first post, but you will need to have the thread tooltip plugin from this  site to see the preview.

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=267  << plugin

I am very sorry.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
05-04-2012 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nier3 Offline
This is for thumbnails on portal page? thanks
08-15-2012 09:20 PM
CrazyCat Offline
Hello there,

I try to use this example, which is really useful, but I think it's not compatible with the latest MyBB (1.6.11) : the book_postbit is never called (I'd to name it book_postbit_classic) and the book_postbit_first neither. I can't find out yet how to name the first one, peharps have I to modify my book_postbit_classic to add him conditions ?
11-24-2013 03:45 AM
Verilog Offline
(11-24-2013 03:45 AM)CrazyCat Wrote:  Hello there,

I try to use this example, which is really useful, but I think it's not compatible with the latest MyBB (1.6.11) : the book_postbit is never called (I'd to name it book_postbit_classic) and the book_postbit_first neither. I can't find out yet how to name the first one, peharps have I to modify my book_postbit_classic to add him conditions ?

It is compatible with MyBB mate
The first post is referred as book_postbit_first
And  book_postbit is used if you are using vertical forum layout and  book_postbit_classic is used if you are using horizontal post layout
11-24-2013 01:28 PM
CrazyCat Offline
Well, I don't understand what the matter with my tests.
I've added different texts in my templates, so I can see wich template is used. Whatever I set in the "Show Thread Options", it's always the book_postbit_classic which is displayed, and I never see the book_postbit_first.
I've add all my book_* templates in global templates, I can't understand what's wrong...
11-26-2013 12:24 AM
ZiNgA BuRgA Offline
Fag
postbit -> postbit_first
postbit_classic -> postbit_first_classic

My Blog
11-26-2013 10:23 AM
CrazyCat Offline