Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
 Contact Us System
leefish Offline
Hamster
RE: Contact Us System
imaster1 - see the reply above from techu - that is your answer. The default captcha works - its the recaptcha III that is the problem.

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
10-26-2010 03:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1master1 Offline
Yeah, i replied that after seeing his reply. Can we remove the default gd captcha from registration page? so that only recaptcha appears.
10-26-2010 03:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leefish Offline
Hamster
Try looking in the templates

[Image: leelink.gif]
MYBB1.6 & XThreads
10-26-2010 05:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1master1 Offline
I will make this clear now Biggrin

When we activate mybb default gd captcha plugin, it will appear on all places where authentication is required like registration page, guest posting, contact pages and all. Now, i installed recaptcha III, which only works on registration page.

So if i disable the default gd captcha it will remove that from registration page and only recaptcha appears, which is fine. But, i'm loosing the gd captcha in contact page, so spammers are annoying my inbox with spam contacts.

Now, what i want is, i would like to activate the default gd captcha too and remove its functionality completely from registration page only which will make it appear on other places like contact pages, guest posting and all. The recaptcha serves the authentication at registration page.

I'm much delighted if any one recommends a solution atleast on how to use the recaptcha functionality in other places.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2010 12:08 AM by 1master1.)
10-27-2010 12:06 AM
techu Offline
(10-27-2010 12:06 AM)1master1 Wrote:  I will make this clear now Biggrin

When we activate mybb default gd captcha plugin, it will appear on all places where authentication is required like registration page, guest posting, contact pages and all. Now, i installed recaptcha III, which only works on registration page.

So if i disable the default gd captcha it will remove that from registration page and only recaptcha appears, which is fine. But, i'm loosing the gd captcha in contact page, so spammers are annoying my inbox with spam contacts.

Now, what i want is, i would like to activate the default gd captcha too and remove its functionality completely from registration page only which will make it appear on other places like contact pages, guest posting and all. The recaptcha serves the authentication at registration page.

I'm much delighted if any one recommends a solution atleast on how to use the recaptcha functionality in other places.

recaptchaII does not work properly on newthread.php in firefox browser.

So what I did was, I removed the newthread hook from it, so now recaptcha appears every where except newthread but gd captcha works in newthread.

remove recaptchaIII and download recaptchaII.
Then edit the plugin file and remove that newthread hook...
Switch on mybb`s default captcha and install the plugin and you are done..

So what will happen is gd captcha will work in newthread and showthread and everywhere else  recaptcha will replace it...

[Image: banner.png]
10-27-2010 02:39 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Update:
Using Email address preset for Textbox for E-Mail custom thread fields (Fields #2):
Edit Textbox for E-Mail custom thread fields:
Text Mask Filter: Email address

11-09-2010 04:53 AM
x-Treme Offline
Just wanted to let everyone know...this layout can be used for a number of different "Forms"...staff application, contest application, etc...

Forum Freebies
11-13-2010 03:49 AM
1master1 Offline
Thanks x-Treme. I want it for staff & i dont know till now that it wont fulfill that as i'm little bit disguised by the name "contact form". thanks for the intimation.
11-13-2010 05:26 AM
RateU Offline
Administrator
Not only this actually can be expanded to other applications.

11-14-2010 07:35 AM
Vapor Offline
This is awesome, great job rateu !

D3G Gaming Team - http://d3g.in

[Image: vapor_sig.png]
01-03-2011 02:17 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools