Ryan Gordon has put MyBB into the ground!
Imran Offline
RE: Ryan Gordon has put MyBB into the ground!
I think you guys just stop in arguing here. If someone have serious issues with Ryan, just go to mybb.com and resolve themselves. I think this forum is not the right place to show your wrath against Ryan who is not here and already said that "Its the last reply from mybb's forum staff" !

I think Ryan has done a great Job for mybb, even mybb has some bugs, but think that how quick those bugs got fixed ! ! ! and all this efforts goes to Ryan itself !

Any way, I don't want to indulge in the quarel, as I didn't want to make this very forum another battle forum for any person.

Thank You !

[Image: logo.png]

[Image: twitter.png]
08-06-2010 03:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
exdiogene Offline
Imran, it seem that you have not read properly the previous posts. Ryan himself tell everyone that "HE HAVE NOT A MINUTE OF HIS PRECIOUS TIME TO LOSE" with these discussions. Most of the staff are not responding to PMs for months. Also it is not permitted to posts something against a staff member anymore on MyBB or you are automaticely banned!

These people cannot be more close minded and hiding themself in a locked fortress.

You can walk a horse to the river, but cannot force him to drink even if he would die of starvation! There is no more blind people than the one refusing to see. When you drop seeds, some will fall on the rocks and dry up and some will fall in good earth and will florish. Do not blame the seeder because he is doing what he could with what he have, in hope that his hard work will produce something positive. So at some point, when harvesting nothing you have to give up trying!

I tried many times, in good faith, to help MyBB. Now people have to see the real personnality of those staff people at MyBB and stop beeing compleasant with happy toughts of what they wrongly BELIEVE they are.

Your suggestion is then totally illogical and not based on true facts...

Wink

P.S. I did not had the intension to keep talking on Yumis forums about all this, i was only compelled to respond seeing the situation between Lich_king2 and TheRealDeal...
08-06-2010 03:53 AM
Find all posts by this user
Imran Offline
I know that many of you may have some issues with mybb' s forum staff, But I have to say to all of you to discuss with those users, rather then to post the issue here (on separate forums) where Ryan already said that he will not reply here again. So in this case, your all this discussion is going all in vain because no one among them will arive here again to see your discussions. You should ask and resolve the dispute over there, so that you and they lead mybb in a constructive manner !

08-06-2010 05:24 AM
Firefox Wins Offline
MyBB is the BEST...
@exdiogene, Sorry to hear you have had a tough time trying to help.
@All Others:

<Off-Topic Tongue>

The MyBB product is the BEST available forum software.  {{Without any doubt, imo}}
Possibly / probably even better -in many ways- than VBull

MyBB, IMO, is not "just a forum" it is a powerful, easy to use type of CMS and PHP framework. I learned a lot about basic to medium-level coding by working with MyBB.
  • The MyBB software product is the BEST available forum software.  {{Period}} Love

</Off-Topic Tongue>
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2010 08:16 AM by Firefox Wins.)
08-06-2010 08:13 AM
Imran Offline
Indeed !

I don't know much about php,html ... since last year, when I start to work using MyBB and its coding, I learnt a lot by its simplicity.

MyBB is king compared to vBulletin (IMHO) with a great thing... ITS FREE...

These are all its developers and plugin author's efforts..!

08-06-2010 05:07 PM
Lich_king2 Offline
Yeah right, and people should talk with tyrant because he will listen to them. If someone has any doubt or doesn't have a will to say no to pressure then he should leave the team. The true software teams and companies consist of people that can resist pressures and that can listen to their communities. Doing opposite will lead them to their downfall. Also even if the software is good, the sick fanaticism that people have about it blinds them to see trough it. I'll say this publicly and I really mean it. Half of the MyBB Development Team is joke. And don't start arguing telling that they are volunteers. There are many volunteers that work on different projects and they have dedication to it.

If you can't do something on satisfaction level then rather leave it without helping at all. MyBB lacks serious management and strong hand. The situation there, described in one word is pathetic. ShopMyBB pathetic example where kids think they can sell something that isn't worth a cent.

Do you really think that kids can make project good on long time? Don't make me laugh. Honor to the exclusions, sadly there are little of those.

It's time for ZeuBB!Tux
Nota Bene: If people want to be successful they need to help each other.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2010 05:47 PM by Lich_king2.)
08-06-2010 07:18 PM
tonoshi Offline
Ryan Gordon is a great coder.
08-07-2010 03:42 AM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Standard Tools